gained everything back and more..

Options
hey everyone,
back in the summer i went from 148 to 128 and felt amazing! I was so happy .. and now here I am at 156. Im so depressed I cant fit

into any of my clothes, all I think about is food even when I know im not hungry. I want to lose weight but then again I just cant make

myself do anything and I feel just depressed about it all knowing how all long it will takw me to make any progress. Sorry for the rant

in advance!

Replies

• cheergirl1993
    cheergirl1993 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    sorry how that paragraph got screwed up!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Shake yourself out of this now before you end up like I did, fat, sad, sick, miserable, and with over 100 pounds to lose instead of just 20 or 30. The longer you let yourself go on like this the harder it will be so just get moving again and get motivated whether you 'feel' like it or not.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I sooooo know how you feel. I consider myself to be an expert on weight loss..... But, sadly I am even a better expert on gaining it back....

This system is working for me right now... And I hope I can continue. For me the good thing is i like to keep track of things. So entering my food kind of fits how my brain is wired.....

I am not sure if this system is for you, but I have found my weight dropping and I love seeing at the end of the day what I should weigh in 5 weeks.....

Good Luck and take care....

Scott
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. Since being on MFP, I've actually gained. I started over though, and I'm going strong after a month. It is possible to go back
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't beat yourself up. Time is going to pass whether you "get back on the wagon" or not. You have to decide if you want to make the commitment and take the necessary steps to lose weight again or if this just isn't the right time for you to do that. But if you decide to go forward, I encourage you to put as much emphasis on your plan to maintain your weight after you lose it as you do to your weight loss strategy. A solid maintenance plan is every bit as important as a weight loss plan. I've been at maintenance for 7 months now. There's no way I will regain the 45 pounds that I've lost.

Best Wishes!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Well I'm glad you came back here! Build your friend's list with some motivating people (like myself...hint hint!) and come on here every day. Log all your food, even if it's not the greatest of days.

I know it's daunting to think about how long it takes to get the weight off, but time will pass anyway! Might as well lose a little bit while it passes, yes? Summer is coming up in a few months, so now is the perfect time to change those habits and get the weight off again. Plus, buying new/bigger clothes sucks. Let's get that body back!
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Reset! You are going to get no where focusing on regain...focus on losing and making a new start :)
  • yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing when I met my husband. Two years of hard work down the drain. Don't give yourself a day when you're going to start, just start today. You can do it!!
  • missywiss
    missywiss Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lost 50 pounds 1 year ago.....have gained all back but 9 lbs. Im starting over too..... I feel better already. 4 days on track and 3 days at the gym. This time for good.
  • Iceman420
    Options
    I've been there too. About 8 years ago, I was down to 308. Then I got addicted to video games, lost my motivation, and gained it all back. I've managed to quit video games, but I'm still addicted to food. It's hard when there are several food places in this area.
  • rvicini
    rvicini Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I've been there too. About 8 years ago, I was down to 308. Then I got addicted to video games, lost my motivation, and gained it all back. I've managed to quit video games, but I'm still addicted to food. It's hard when there are several food places in this area.

I am also addicted to food!
  • MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    yup it's harder the second time around! :cry:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight by restricting calories you essentially teach your body to do everything it needs to do with less. Yes, it metabolizes fat to do it, but it also does all its other processes more efficiently in order to continue existing in light of the caloric deficit.

When that deficit is really big (which is a subjective term and different for each person), the body can shed muscle, which takes a lot of calories to maintain and slow down things like hair and nail growth, cellular repair, etc.

Your BMR is how many calories your body wants just to be comatose and stay alive with brain and organ function.
    Your TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure and includes BMR, exercise, and non-exercise activities.

Consume calories somewhere in between the two every day and you'll lose weight sensibly.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

The reason you gained more back after dieting is because you taught your body to be more efficient, thereby requiring fewer calories to do the same thing... so when you went back to eating as you had been previously, even more was stored as fat.

You must get off the crazy train. Do this thing sensibly or you'll be back each year.