want to give up!

Options
13»

Replies

• MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Start measuring your body. Are clothes fitting the same?
    Try to pick up a cheap scale to weigh your food. Especially dry products can differ in volyme very much making cups/dl/slices very inaccurate.
    Do you have problems with exhaustion, depression, freezing or anything else worth mentioning? I hate to bring this point up because alot of people use this possibility as an excuse to give up, but if you really really think you're doing everything right. Measure right, work out right, never cheat or over eat and you're still not losing weight, there might be an underlying disease like hypothyreosis and in that case you should have a doctor check you for that. There's meds that will help you in that case.

Whatever the reason for your problems - don't give up! Keep going and know that whether or not the scale is rewarding you with a pat on your back, you're still doing something good for yourself and your body!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've been there. It's frustrating for sure. I try to focus on what IS changing and how healthy I'm becoming. Add me if you'd like another buddy.
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain! I worked out from last Jan. til Sept. I did Insanity & Tap Out..I only lost 5lbs! So I stopped in Sept. I have now gained 13-15 lbs. Now that I joined MFP , I have realized that I was never eating enough calories. I started at 1200 cals. Just this week Im figuring it out. I started eating closer to 1400 and choosing better food with doing that. I HAVE FINALLY LOST A POUND!! I was so excited because my scales never moved from Jan. 1st eating 1200 & below. All of these people suggest more calories and if you notice these people have lost tons of weight...it was finally time for me to listen to them! They know what they are talking about because they have done it. All of this eating clean is hard for me but Im trying new things and liking it. Good luck to you!