Waking up hungry.... around midnight

Options
I have just started ....again.... to exercize and eat right. Trying to eat a little something every 3 hours, so six small mini meals basically and I have been consuming all of my calories given to me minus the exercise calories given back.... I woke up last night around midnight with true hunger. A gnawing in my stomach that wouldn't go away, so I ate just a small amount, felt better and went back to sleep. I wasn't hungry when I went to bed. I wanted to eat, but wouldn't let myself because I knew it was just boredom and not true hungry. Any thoughts? I dont want to wake up every night hungry. When I followed weight watchers a few years ago I would do the same thing.

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Is this something that happens every night? If so, try adding a snack right before bed time. However, if this is the first time it's happened, it may just be a fluke. Also, eating at the same time everyday will help your body manage hunger better, because it can get into a rhythm and "know" when the next meal is coming. That's not an option for everybody, especially people with busy schedules, but if you can eat consistently, it's a good idea.