I need more Protein....HELP!!!!

Options
It's really hard for me to reach my protein goals each day (142 g) which always seems impossible and way under where I know I should be by the end of the day....Suggestions on high protein foods/snacks would really HELP...TIA :bigsmile:

Replies

• imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Protein bars and protein shakes.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, meats and fish, greek yogurt
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to find protein bars that are not so high in calories though. Because the ones I like actually like and are tasty, are high in calories. I just started eating the Chobani yogurt, that has liek 14 g I think. Can't eat cottage cheese...I tried lol
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    meat. lots of meat.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are the best I've found for the calorie:protein ratio. Protein shakes are also pretty good.
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    get QUEST bars.. they range from 170-200 cals per bar.. have 20 g protein and 16-19 g of FIBER!!! Find them at GNC, The Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, and questproteinbar.com

they are a little pricey.. but WORTH every penny!!!
  • JENNTF
    JENNTF Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, refried beans, and protein bars.
  • dcyr009
    Options
    Thinkthin protein bars are my favorite. No sugar. You can find them anywhere.
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    eggs, tuna, cheese, chicken, turkey, in fact any meat, greek yoghurt
  • T_X_L
    T_X_L Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    As a morning snack, I mix chocolate whey protein in with plain Greek yogurt, 53g protein in one shot!
  • sunsqueak
    sunsqueak Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Try eggs also :-) ... and fish. Good luck
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why you'd have such a high protein goal daily? I'm pregnant and need 80-100 grams daily, but can't see 142 unless you're doing extreme body building!
  • Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Accidental double post. srry
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Anything that was once an animal - beef, chicken, fish, pork, eggs, bison, venison, etc.

Most dairy, though higher fats in some dairy may make it a bad choice for people with really low calorie goals. Most have reduced fat/fat free options, though taste/consistency can vary.

Protein powder.

• Glowbee
    Glowbee Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Tilapia<<< Chicken, tuna, eggs, protein shake, cottage cheese
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    fish. turkey. chicken. beef. eggs.

Fish and turkey tend to be lower in calories and fat than the rest, but you just need to make protein more central in your meals. Think, you probably eat pasta with some chicken in it. What if you ate chicken with a little bit of pasta on the side?
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Meat! Beef jerky is a good snack that is lower calorie. You just have to try and balance out the higher sodium if you're worried about retaining water. Same goes for cheese snacks like string cheese, or those little cheese squares you can buy that are individually wrapped.

Yogurt is low cal and low sodium and high protein and delicious!
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    *plain greek yogurt*
    is especially higher than other yogurts and

*smoked salmon*
    (find it in the seafood department) comes ready to eat and packs on the protein with minimal calories..very yummy!

Also, I ALWAYS have

*boiled eggs*
    in my refrigerator so I can peel some eggs and supplement meals & snacks with extra protein...i usually toss the yolks to my dog...but if I've had a full strong weightlifting workout..I eat the whole eggs
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Cheese, nuts and yogurt!

Oh, and the boiled eggs in the previous post!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    yep quest bars- or pure protein bars (same protein as quest, less carbs- but not all-natural like quest. i like them both)
    edamame, eggs, meat, nuts, natural peanut butter, yogurt-- you can do it!