Fettuccini

Tacos (all types)
Taquitos
Enchaladas (the kind you make)

Hamburgers
Sloppy Joes

Steak
Shrimp

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of)
Orange Chicken
Chicken Strips
Turkey (BBQ)

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos)

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried)
Corn
Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons)

Seriously this took him 3 or 4 days to come up with and the worst part is its true! I have been cooking for him for 8 years and I can't think of anything he left out! : ( I need help .... ugh

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    He'd be very hungry at my house.
  • TimeForMe99
    Options
    At least he goes for chicken, steak, and shrimp. That's a good start for dinner. Bake the chicken strips and let him grill whatever he likes. Keep putting veggies on the table or in dishes and let him eat around them. Put lots of things in the salad - broccoli, peppers, raw zucchini. The kids might prefer these as "dippies". Substitute low fat ranch for his current version if you can get him to try it.

Whatever you do, don't let his eating habits infect your little ones. If they object just explain that Daddy does lots of things they can't, like driving the car and staying up late. If he doesn't support your efforts in this that's a whole different post.

In the end you can't change him or force him to eat better, but you don't have to be co-dependent either. If you want to make something that's not on his list let him know in advance and he can pull something from the freezer if necessary.

ETA: In the early days of our marriage my husband thought he didn't like many foods. Turns out he didn't like the way his mom made things like lamb and pork chops but did enjoy them when I made them. He's come a long way.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Pizza
    Lasagna
    Spaghetti
    Fettuccini

Tacos (all types)
    Taquitos
    Enchaladas (the kind you make)

Hamburgers
    Sloppy Joes

Steak
    Shrimp

Chicken (BBQ, fried, any other way you can think of)
    Orange Chicken
    Chicken Strips
    Turkey (BBQ)

Roast (beef, made into sandwiches or taquitos)

Potatoes (preferred mashed, but also baked and fried)
    Corn
    Salad (with ranch dressing and croutons)

Seriously this took him 3 or 4 days to come up with and the worst part is its true! I have been cooking for him for 8 years and I can't think of anything he left out! : ( I need help .... ugh

Why, what's the problem? That's very similar to how I eat. In some ways, it's probably a bit bigger than my list would be.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    How limited.
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I try to put other things in and he wont' eat it.. i use a different type or brand of sauce and he wont eat it.. foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

My main issue is that its soooooo expensive to buy the groceries for me and the two kids, then separate groceries for him : (

there is litterally one way that he will eat each meal, it gets super tiring having a weekly list that looks exactly the same....every week... for the rest of my life...
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    thats a great list, all mine will eat is spaghetti, hamburgers, porkchops, peas and potatoes lol
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    My list is about 2-3x as long, but very similar. :)

There's a lot of reasonably priced things on his list. Things that can be made pretty easily too.

I'd probably start with a big bag of frozen chicken breasts and a bag of salad mix lettuce from Costco (or similar).
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This made me laugh...my husband is EXACTLY the same but he won't even eat corn.:noway:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I try to put other things in and he wont' eat it.. i use a different type or brand of sauce and he wont eat it.. foods cannot touch so throwing chicken and potatoes into a crock pot is out.

My main issue is that its soooooo expensive to buy the groceries for me and the two kids, then separate groceries for him : (

there is litterally one way that he will eat each meal, it gets super tiring having a weekly list that looks exactly the same....every week... for the rest of my life...

this man would starve at my house.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but did you not know that 8 years ago?
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    That's more than what my husband eats, so consider yourself lucky :smile:

There are times I get tired of cooking/eating the same things all the time so I'll make him his food "his way" then have something on standby for me. I will cook for me on Sundays so I have left overs in case I'm wanting something he doesn't. Works out well so far.
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    He should try some calf fries or rocky mountain oysters...at the very least...a deep-fried oreo...
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    maybe he should cook himself dinner
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options

ETA: In the early days of our marriage my husband thought he didn't like many foods. Turns out he didn't like the way his mom made things...

This! My Dad had a very short list of things he would eat too, then after a couple of years of marriage to my amazing mother, he realized his mom was just a crappy cook!
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    So you married an 8 year old boy?
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    maybe he should cook himself dinner

^^^

I would not be able to live with someone that picky.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I hear there is a new thing where men can actually make their own meals. Sounds weird, but I hear it's true.
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    How frustrating! Honestly, I would tell him if he's that particular, he should do his own shopping and cook his own meals.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I agree completely with TimeForMe99. Keep on cooking and trying to get him to try new foods. Do not cave in and start eating this limited diet yourself or let the kids follow this path. When my wife and I first got married over 30 years ago the only vegetables that she would eat were corn, peas and green beans - and only if they came from a can. Today she loves almost all fresh vegetabels and only rarely pulls out a can of peas (her fav) which over the years even I have come to enjoy now and again. We raised two wonderful children together and both or them eat all sorts of different foods and are always willing to try new dishes and new items.
  • toritoriprind
    toritoriprind Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    So you married an 8 year old boy?

lol