Wisdom teeth removal

Options
Hi all... so I am getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow (not impacted, thank goodness). I am going to the grocery store tonight to stock up on food that will be soft and easy to eat, and hopefully healthy. Does anyone have any reccomendations?
Thanks!

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of yogurt when I had my teeth pulled. Cottage cheese, string cheese after a day or two. Soup. Applesauce. Honestly, for the first 2 days, I didn't eat much of anything. Mom brought me a milkshake and I ate it with the spoon (remember NO straws). It took me 3 hours to eat it - but I had anasthetic so I was really sleepy. Good luck - it really isn't all that bad. Mostly the first day is not great, but after that the healing process is pretty quick!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    When I got mine out (it's been 10 yrs), I did a lot of soups, turkey on wheat with mayo, eggs, and fish fillets. Keep it soft and easy to chew, but not TOO small so that it won't get stuck in your wounds.

The pain should be over before you know it, though! The meds they give you are AWESOME!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    yogurt!

cottage cheese if you can stand it, I hate it...

you will not be allowed to use a straw so you can make smoothies but you have to drink straight from the cup.
    buy fruit and yogurt and milk and smoothie it up!!!!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm scheduled in the next few weeks, as well! Totally dreading it! I'm thinking Greek yogurt, any flavor that isn't chunky, plain and with fresh fruit as smoothies, sugar free jello and/or pudding, carnation instant breakfast and homemade soup if I'm up to making it. Hummus? I seem to be stuck in the dairy department! Maybe Ensure/Slim fast? Good luck! How many days do you think it will be until you feel well enough to chew? Mashed cauliflower can be pretty tasty as well as mushy! I'd be interested to read how you coped. Hope all goes well and painlessly!
  • hjmygatt
    hjmygatt Posts: 79
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, guys!I will let you know how it goes, needamulligan !