New comparison pics...to motivate myself

Options
So I've posted my story a couple of times before, but I've been stalled out for the past six months and was getting quite discouraged. I'm already making changes (starting up some meds again-I have PCOS), new workouts, TDEE calculations, etc. I'm still loving working out, but I've slacked off on my tracking, because the lack of progress has made me feel pretty blah about the whole thing. I started this in December 2011, and over the course of 2012, I lost 30 lbs. I've bounced up a bit since stopping some meds (and falling off the counting wagon, to be honest with everyone). I stumbled across some old family photos that are helping me find the fire that I need to get back into it with both feet. Forgive all the pictures, but seeing them all together was what helped me, and maybe seeing how different you can look with just 20-30 lb loss will help other stay with the fight (as my Les Mills Combat program tells me every day)! Stalling is par for the course, even if it last months and months. We just have to remember that this truly is a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. So below are pics of me starting in my 20's up to this year when I recently turned 40. I think my 40's are gonna rock! Just sayin'. :)

Here I am at my wedding in October 2002, probably about 190.

8498218146_89d5141055.jpg
Untitled

October 2010 at about 190.

8497086021_a43fc6a46b.jpg
Oct 2010 Chunky

After my first ever 5k in October 2012!!

8497098425_855fdca23b.jpg
Untitled

My roller derby Halloween costume

8497097041_420c6641c7.jpg
Untitled

And doing some shopping in the NON-PLUS SIZE STORES!! (Yes, I'm WAY pumped about that!)

8498197246_6b023d0b5d.jpg
Untitled

And smiling with my babies last month.

8497095893_64dce601bc.jpg
Untitled

Replies

• BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    You look amazing! And i think you have a beautiful smile.
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Aww. Thanks!
  • stacimaci
    stacimaci Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Just by making a post to motivate yourself shows you are serious about moving forward toward your goal! Good for you, stay focused and good luck!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Thank you!
  • alylee23
    Options
    You have done a great job!! Also, I must add that you look AT LEAST 10 years younger!:happy: :happy: :happy:
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    My god, you look at least 10 years younger! Great job!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • zombiemomjo
    Options
    Well, that warms my newly Over the Hill heart! ;) Thanks!
  • lauren_3243
    lauren_3243 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Mommy_J
    Mommy_J Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow, that made a huge difference! You look great!!!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Dude, you keep getting younger in your pics! What an awesome change! You are definitely in control, well done!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Absolutely stunning! Great job
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look terrific. I can't wait until I can finally shop in non-plus size clothing store, too!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. You do look absolutely amazing!
  • zac6
    zac6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of the tramsformation youve accomplished. Looks like youve already done all the hard work in the past. Youve already proven you can do it! you can get back on track youve come to far to back slide now. What an inspiration you are. Thanks. Dont beat yourself up
  • jennifertayman
    Options
    You rock. Great accomplishment. You look amazing.
  • denisetatum
    Options
    Great pics and GREAT job. You do look alot younger and thanks for the incouraging pics. Makes me want to be more motivated.
  • dstaugler
    dstaugler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just be careful running in the hallways
  • gogirl110
    gogirl110 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!