saying hi

Options
Hi folks

just thought i would say high :) I am Annie from Hampshire England, I've been using MFP for nearly 2 weeks and loving it.
just trying to scout around and see how the site works. I have lost 15lbs before this site but still have about 75lbs to loose altogether, any hints or tips will be most appreciated.

I joined the gym 6 months ago and surprisingly i love it lol I do have a problem with running though i get a pain in my shins so can only do about 10 mins, i am sure it will get easier.

I have really enjoyed reading some of your success stories, you are awesome and so inspirational.

So Hi everyone :)

Replies

• lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Try not to run on hard surfaces--pavement, cement sidewalks. Try running in the sand or grassy areas. Swimming is also great low impact especially at the beginning when your endurance is low.
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Try not to run on hard surfaces--pavement, cement sidewalks. Try running in the sand or grassy areas. Swimming is also great low impact especially at the beginning when your endurance is low.

Thanks I still get it running on grass though, i will just keep practising ill get there.:blushing:
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    OMG ITS A KOALA! Look at its perfect little face!!! Sorry, Koala's are my favorite animal!! Welcome to the place for losin teh fat or gettin the fit!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    HI Ann :) Welcome to the site. I have been on it since early January but really utilizing it in the last week. I have thoroughly enjoyed the feedback, the motivation, the encouragement, and everything else I have gleaned from this site. Good luck. Feel free to friend me if you choose.
  • trammelgal
    Options
    Hi there GFA. Welcome, come on in and visit aspell. (Can ya tell I'm from Kentucky? Yep, a little community called Trammel) I too am relatively new. I have lost 7 whole pounds now. Not much but I am thrilled because for so long I couldn't loose anything, I just figured that I had something wrong with my thyroid. As it turned out, I just needed someone to hold me accountable for what I eat and how much I exercise. That is what his website provides:)
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    OMG ITS A KOALA! Look at its perfect little face!!! Sorry, Koala's are my favorite animal!! Welcome to the place for losin teh fat or gettin the fit!

Thank you crazy Koala Lady lol He is cute isnt he xx
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    HI Ann :) Welcome to the site. I have been on it since early January but really utilizing it in the last week. I have thoroughly enjoyed the feedback, the motivation, the encouragement, and everything else I have gleaned from this site. Good luck. Feel free to friend me if you choose.

Thank you the motivation is great here thanks for the reply Annie xx
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    Hi there GFA. Welcome, come on in and visit aspell. (Can ya tell I'm from Kentucky? Yep, a little community called Trammel) I too am relatively new. I have lost 7 whole pounds now. Not much but I am thrilled because for so long I couldn't loose anything, I just figured that I had something wrong with my thyroid. As it turned out, I just needed someone to hold me accountable for what I eat and how much I exercise. That is what his website provides:)

Hi ya

Dont know what GFA means lol but thanks for the reply. The site seems very easy to use and i am sure we will talk again. Good luck with your journey Annie xx
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    GFA-grapefruit annie.

I had a problem with shin pain too.Now I stretch my calves before a walk or run.This seems to help
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I used to always get terrible shin pains at my highest weight and even not that long ago - I bought a pair of vibrams and switched to barefoot running and was able to complete C25K --> not running any marathons but from not being able to run a mile, to completing a 5k i was damn happy

the barefoot running really helped my shins!
  • aaronisaranger
    Options
    about your running issue, the perfect running sneakers will help. Are you an overpronator, underpronator or neutral? Once you find this out you can get the correct sneakers and a lot of your issues will go away. And being new to running I might suggest you try a program called couch to 5k!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    welcome Annie. glad you are here. it is a great place to be. good luck
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    GFA lol got it !!! God hw thick am i derrrr

I do stretch doesnt help prob because i'm still a blubber *kitten* lol
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    I used to always get terrible shin pains at my highest weight and even not that long ago - I bought a pair of vibrams and switched to barefoot running and was able to complete C25K --> not running any marathons but from not being able to run a mile, to completing a 5k i was damn happy

the barefoot running really helped my shins!

Thank you but i think i will work on looking better before wearing vibrams. I have looked at the C25k and am going to give it a go.
  • grapefruitannie
    Options
    about your running issue, the perfect running sneakers will help. Are you an overpronator, underpronator or neutral? Once you find this out you can get the correct sneakers and a lot of your issues will go away. And being new to running I might suggest you try a program called couch to 5k!

umm will need to google the O/U pronator lol thank you
  • BriUndead
    Options
    Hey, I'm Bri. I just started using my fitness pal. I've been being lazy too long and I'm at my heaviest weight ever which I'm not proud of. But I'm ready to get serious and get into good shape. I have a lot of weight to lose and its not going to be easy but I'm looking forward to becoming more healthy.