Am I lifting enough?? (weightlifters please)

Options
2»

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    I dont have a spotter, I work out at home by myself usually. When Im on the bench which is the only time I would personally use a spotter, I have stops on my risers that can catch the bar if I fail and cant lift it back up and I also take the retainers off the ends so there is nothing holding the plates on incase I miss the stops I can always dump one side in an emergency situation to get the bar off my neck/ face/ chest...
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy weights builds muscles, lifting light weights for multiple reps, builds muscles, lifting weights while using conentric and eccentric contractions( 3 seconds up, 3 seconds down) builds muscle. Which one works best for you though. Depends on your body type , your lifting history and your recovery time. Now lets look into your dilemma ...your chest fatigues before you feel a burn. In a workout your chest should feel full as it is filled with blood thus getting the "pump" . Making your muscles feel a burn everytime you workout is not a proper way to gauge its effectiveness. You will feel in the next few days how effective that woorkout was as your chest and arms are screaming. I have done arm workouts where I could barely wash my hair in the shower after the workout because they were so pumped(but not burning). Are you going for size or definition or both. Know that in some(not all) cases cardio will limit your strength depending on the amount of cardio you do. If you have to have the burning sensation look up lactic acid training ...you will feel the burn and scream for mommy...but in my opinion the burn doesnt show you how effective you are doing, the soreness in the next few days will tell you how effective it was.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    word.