a little victory I think

Options
I have been 270-275 since 10th grade. Before that I was about 250 since 7th grade, but between 8th and 10th grade I had major depression issues that caused me to gain more weight, and then I ate the perfect amount to maintain 270-275 for the last 5 years (about 2500-3000 cals a day!!!).

I've cut down and started working out and for the first time in my life. My weight is under 260 (okay, it's 259 but still!!!!). I know it's really really small, but I am just so proud!!!! When I get to 250 I will just cry out of happiness.

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Congrats, just stay consistant and it will happen. Good luck
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    congrats girl!!! xx
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Every pound is a victory! Keep up the great work!!
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I step at a time. You are doing great
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    you should be proud, your doing great!!! x
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    One ounce One pound, it all adds up to a happy you. Congrats on your successes so far.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    be proud - be excited about every victory along the way - they will all encourage you to keep going!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It's the first step to a less you! Go ahead and feel proud, I'm sure you are working hard and have worked hard to lose (even if it's 1lbs) it's one less than before.
  • LadyOSU08
    LadyOSU08 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You can do this! Keep finding new and fun ways to stay motivated! Nothing beats buying a pair of pants one size smaller and finally being able to fit in them. You might not notice a big change in your body but clothes never lie! I've found that being healthy is a lifestyle so I figure if I'm going to do this for the rest of my life it has to make me happy. It's OK to slip up every now and then it will happen, but keep going!!!
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Any loss - no matter how small - is a victory.

Keep up the good work and you'll get to your goal. :smile:
  • FitinHonau
    FitinHonau Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    259-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-.....=200 each little steps counts and should not be undersestimated! Congratulations!
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely a victory!!! The biggest victory is your attitude, working out and cutting down! Keep it up. You may have good days and bad days but it is SO worth it!
  • JennyBech
    JennyBech Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A BIG victory--Good for you! I think the hardest thing is to start--you have definitely done that. Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    That is truly wonderful. It's rarely one big thing it's those small steps that add at to big things.
  • RangerJess
    Options
    Being the lowest weight you've been in a while, even if "only" by 1 pound is a fantastic feeling! Great job!!!!! Keep it up - you're going to get there and you're doing it the right way!
  • kristyash60
    Options
    You are doing Great! Remember everyone had to start somewhere. Feel free to add me and we can support each other on this healthy journey! :)
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Well done, that is wonderful! Keep it up!
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    And that is how you WIN this...that feeling when you hit the milestones! Keep going! You're doing great. You'll be at your next milestone before you now it.
  • dietingdanni
    Options
    That's great well done. it is the small milestones that me an the most as they always result in the final goal. congratz again!
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Every step towards your goal is worth celebrating.

For me, I just need to lose 2lb to get to my next goal. I still have a way to go before target weight but every little step helps the morale and reminds me I'm on the right path.

Congratulations on healing the depression and taking action to make your life better. You know you can do it now ;-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!