I'm hungry but I don't know if I should eat.

Options
I have an eating disorder (it's EDNS, but it's gradually turning into anorexia) . I don't know who else to talk to about this.

I really, really, really want to eat but I'm scared. I don't want to be fat. I've been exercising and drinking plenty of water. If I eat, I'm afraid all of my work will go to waste.

Earlier I tried eating a small handful of fruit, but I'm starving and I feel a massive binge coming on.

I don't know what to do. Should I eat?

If I do eat, what are some healthy low calorie foods that would fill me up?

Replies

• Zommbunny
    Options
    Firstly don't freak out!
    I would recommend you try to eat something small but filling(i tend to find lentil sou helps me but each to their own)
    Try your hardest not to binge but if you do go over your calories, breath stay calm and move on. Do not purge or beat yourself up about it.
    x
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You should eat. You should also find someone to talk to before this gets worse. You still want to eat. You can still save yourself from something horrible. You need to eat, otherwise your exercise WILL go to waste! Your body needs food in order to do those things. It needs food to recover, and that's where all the goodness happens.

The reason you feel like you are going to binge is because you are starving. Steel yourself, fix a healthy snack, and eat it slowly. If you are still hungry, repeat that. Go slow. Binging is a lot like having a panic attack - it's a whirlwind, and it builds on itself and makes itself worse. Take deep, slow breaths. You can do this.
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I wish I had read your replies first because I already binged!!!

I did a major binge, too. I'm trying to stay calm. I plan on doing a major cardio workout tonight to help compensate.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It's okay! Stay calm. You don't need to compensate (though if a workout makes you FEEL better, have at it.)

Your body knows how to handle excess calories all at once. One binge will not cause weight gain. Just eat clean for the rest of the day and remember that in order to prevent binging, you need to stop depriving your body of food. It fought back. Keep your exercise light and try not to think of it as punishment.

I know it's hard but tomorrow is a new day, you'll take a big dump and your sins will be forgiven. :p
  • silvermist18903
    silvermist18903 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LOL! The, 'big dump' part is true! Today I pooped for the first time in a week. I know that's kind of TMI, but I'm happy my body finally managed to do it!

Thanks girls so much! Your replies have been very helpful.