Confused

Options
So I'm losing weight quicker than I would like, and I don't want to do this in an unhealthy way.
I'm 26F, 5'8, and started at 161 pounds

I've been eating 1200 calories a day (meticulously weighing my food). However, I've lost 5 pounds in the past week.
I weigh myself at the same time in the morning when waking.

I haven't been exercising this week as I had a fall from a bike that has left me in bed for a bit.
My hydration has been the same.

I really don't want to lose this quickly. I used to have an eating disorder, so I want to be better to my body this time around.
Do I need to change how much I'm eating?

Replies

• ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    If you're 5'8" you should probably be eating more. Find out your BMR (you can find calculators anywhere) and never eat below that - this is the basic, lowest amount of calories your body needs to run your organs. I'm 5'4" and 135 and my BMR is about 1400 calories, so yours is probably higher.

Try not to panic though, if this is your first week dieting your body has probably dropped water weight due to the change. Eat more, eat back your exercise calories, and pat yourself on the back for doing this the healthy way! I know I'm proud of you :)
  • rhonag
    Options
    Thank, Otters. 1200 was hard! Haha, glad to see I should be eating more.
    And thank you for the encouragement. It's hard not to revert to old habits, no matter how destructive they may be.