I've been here for 30 days and haven't introduced myself yet

Options
I've gotten great value from this site, and from reading forum posts here, but I never took the time to introduce myself. I'm Lester, I'm Alaskan, and when I started on this site I weighed 215 lbs. Today, I weigh 198. My goal is to get down to 175.

I'm working to start a design school in the Philippines for kids who can't afford college (if you're at all interested in us, our url is http://ferdinandcc.org/ ) and an educational outreach program for street kids. Being surrounded by people who are TOO skinny and malnourished sometimes really shined a light on my own weight problem.

I quit smoking 58 days ago, and quickly gained 20 lbs before joining this site. One day, on a whim, I counted the calories of everything I had eaten that day. I didn't feel like I had eaten that much, but I had almost 4,000 calories! I've finally decided to take my health seriously, count my calories, and exercise every day. I really hadn't exercised much since high school, 9 years ago.

I'm currently working on the 100 Pushups program (http://hundredpushups.com/ ) and the 200 Sit-ups program (http://www.twohundredsitups.com/ ) to try and flatten my stomach a little bit and build up my spaghetti arms. I'm only 3 weeks into the programs, but I'm feeling a big difference already. I also love bicycling, which has really helped me to lose some of my weight.

Now I'm down to the weight level that's always been the hardest for me to push beyond. Counting my calories and exercising everyday will help me to finally get past it though. I'm excited.

Replies

• Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Hello, keep up the good work:bigsmile:
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    yay ! quitting smoking is such an amazing feat in itself , i know how hard it can be! and everything else you have/are accomplishing is very inspiring! :drinker:
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! You've accomplished so much! This is such an incredible service. Keep up the great work. My oldest daughter quit smoking and then slipped back into the habit after not smoking for 8 months due to stress at school and work. She is working on quitting once again. I wish you great strength to stick to your programs. You can do it with all the positive support here on MFP.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Good job on everything! WOW! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Losing weight, quitting smoking & helping others! YOU ROCK!!! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    FANTASTIC........so proud of you for quitting the smoking!!!! and again proud of you for joining. Sounds like you have a very bright future ahead of you!!! Wishing you all the best!!!!! Oh and I really like the photo of you and the lamb!!!! If you need any extra support feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the good work :-)

Erin
  • mrswilson2009
    Options
    Hello, I just signed up today. Keep up all your good hard work! :D
  • ferdinandcc
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You guys are so full of encouragement... Everyone who's trying to lose weight should join this site, seriously. I can't imagine doing any of this without MFP...