This fat kid is going to a buffet and she is worried

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Whoops...didn't realize I was a such a latecomer to the conversation. Looks like you did great. Nice work! :)
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    One cup is about the size of your hand (for most women) so half that would be half cup is the way I try to judge when trying to eat smaller portions.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: congrats :love:
  • wldrose75
    Options
    :love: Update! Home from dinner. The nachos looked so freekin good and i havent spurged sence i started so i took the baked tortilla bowl, filled it with spinach and leaf lettace,1/8 ish cup of ground beef and losts of tomatoes, bell pepers onions and mushroom put 1/8 ish cup of cheese and plennty of salsa. Spent about 600 kals but feel good about it. I am still under for the day. Hooorrraaaayyyy for me.
    :flowerforyou:

Hooorrraaaayyyy for you! You did good, girl!
  • SPerko4980
    SPerko4980 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone's advice is good and I'm glad I came on and found this post as I will be facing a similar dilemma tomorrow! Everyone is right though -- fruits, veggies, meats (not fried!!), etc. Most importantly - don't beat yourself up over it -- consider it a small bump in the road and not a defeating moment by any means.

Finally I must say if you have lost 28# since January -- you know exactly what needs to be done and you will be just fine. Congratulations on the great loss!!
  • StephGettinFit
    StephGettinFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fill up on veggies! Then pick only the dishes you love! Have a little of everything. Stop eating it if its not as good as you had hoped!

And remember shrimp (not battered) and crab and fish and grilled chicken are great choices!

Skip the pastas and dried out rolls, etc.

Good luck! You've got this!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you :) People will probably look at you funny because some can be rude and cruel.

I have religiously used food scale and measuring cups and spoons to the point that I don't need them anymore the adequately measure anything. Good luck and have a wonderful time.