Friends... I love you, but you are CRAP for my Health!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I completly understand what you mean, girlfriend. My best friend is trying (not very hard, I sadly report) to lose weight as well. And she hasn't been very successful at it because she is suffering with anemia and because, honeslty, I think she doesn't put that much effort into it. So whenever I go to her house, I am actually kinda frightened because that's when I usually go over on my calories for the day. Since there is always some sweet or salty thing at her house that I eventually munch on during our afternoon snack.

That's how it is with my friends/roommate. About a year ago we decided to try and get healthy together but they didn't really want tochange their eating habits. I would come home from work and they would have pizza or French fries or many of my weaknesses. I suppose its a battle of wills now....

I AM SPARTA!!!
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    i have a few people in my life that are very frustrating like that, and to get me through it i found a saying that i use as my background on my phone and computer....

tumblr_lxvlyqAyAH1qzl99no1_500.jpg

ERHMEHGHERD!!! I am DEFINITELY stealing this!! Thank you!!!

what the heck is "ERHMEHGHERD"????? lol
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options
    i have a few people in my life that are very frustrating like that, and to get me through it i found a saying that i use as my background on my phone and computer....

tumblr_lxvlyqAyAH1qzl99no1_500.jpg

ERHMEHGHERD!!! I am DEFINITELY stealing this!! Thank you!!!

what the heck is "ERHMEHGHERD"????? lol

Haha!! It's from this internet meme. It's Oh My God.
  • haramis
    Options
    People that really care about you will adjust to your new eating habits. My MIL, who is a lovely woman, always makes sure that there's non-fried meat and veggie options when I go to her house, and my BFFs always choose restaurants that have plenty of variety so that we all have choices that we can eat. I have to agree that you may just have to be more firm with them, like, "There isn't anything I can eat there; can we please pick something else?" The cajoling is much like drinkers that just want everyone else to be drunk too, but that doesn't mean that you have to give in. If you draw a line on it. then they'll adjust, or they're not true friends. True friends support you through everything, especially a drive to be healthier.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I completly understand what you mean, girlfriend. My best friend is trying (not very hard, I sadly report) to lose weight as well. And she hasn't been very successful at it because she is suffering with anemia and because, honeslty, I think she doesn't put that much effort into it. So whenever I go to her house, I am actually kinda frightened because that's when I usually go over on my calories for the day. Since there is always some sweet or salty thing at her house that I eventually munch on during our afternoon snack.

That's how it is with my friends/roommate. About a year ago we decided to try and get healthy together but they didn't really want tochange their eating habits. I would come home from work and they would have pizza or French fries or many of my weaknesses. I suppose its a battle of wills now....

I AM SPARTA!!!

Of course it's not just her bad influence on me, it's first and foremost my WILL POWER! And since I am trying to work on improving it, it's hard when you are put face to face with the bad things you loved to eat.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

I AM SPARTA!!!

Of course it's not just her bad influence on me, it's first and foremost my WILL POWER! And since I am trying to work on improving it, it's hard when you are put face to face with the bad things you loved to eat.

I am actually having to test my willpower right now. My roommate and
    is friend just brought pepperoni pizza home... I just put some fish in the oven... Eat fish not pizza.... Eat fish not pizza.Maybe if I say it enough it will work?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I AM SPARTA!!!

is friend just brought pepperoni pizza home... I just put some fish in the oven... Eat fish not pizza.... Eat fish not pizza.Maybe if I say it enough it will work?

you can have pizza if you eat inside your daily calories. Those new Pizza hut pepperoni sliders are only 260 calories each. :smile:

sorry... not trying to be derailing, but you don't have to give up everything. Losing weight isn't an all or nothing thing.
    Unless you absolutely can't eat some of those things without going insane.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    Options

I AM SPARTA!!!

you can have pizza if you eat inside your daily calories. Those new Pizza hut pepperoni sliders are only 260 calories each. :smile:

sorry... not trying to be derailing, but you don't have to give up everything. Losing weight isn't an all or nothing thing.

That... Is perhaps the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me...Thank you for sharing such wonderful information. :)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I AM SPARTA!!!

That... Is perhaps the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me...Thank you for sharing such wonderful information. :)

:flowerforyou:

A good way to do it would be to have a green salad and one piece of pizza so you still get your health benefits and you can have your pizza too. :smile:
  • KristineW78
    KristineW78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *hehe* I actually educate my friends and try to help them.
    I guess I don't go out a whole lot so they don't/can't get me down.
    The friend I hang out with the most has a gluten allergy so she eats pretty healthy and is interested in my recent lifestyle change.
    My man however! cooks pizza at night or watches 65" of TV which = 65" of food commercials.
    SIGH
    So that is hard to be around sometimes..