well i think it finally hit home

Options
After many years of struggling with my weight, I've finally come to terms with it. I need to lose the weight. Not only have I put on 50 pounds over 2 years, but my health is at risk.

I have struggled with the weight loss, not because I'm lazy, but because of the fact that my boyfriend wasn't into all the healthy stuff, and since I spend most of my time with him, it was a struggle.

But now the doctor put everything into perspective for him. They basically told him he needed to lose 50-80 pounds... AT LEAST and if he doesn't his health WILL fail.

Maybe now this is the motivation both he and I need.
I'm determined more than ever this time around.
:)

Replies

• BriUndead
    Options
    I totally understand. I have gained 50 pounds in like the last 2 years also. Mine is mainly because of bad eating habits and being unmotivated. I'm married and my husband isn't the healthiest eater so that doesn't help me either. (Lucky for him he has a high metabolism and only needs to lose like 10 pounds.) But he supports me and is trying to eat healthier. I'm also finally ready to start getting serious about losing weight. Diabetes runs in my family and I don't want to put myself at risk.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well that's good! It is hard to admit that you need to lose weight. It was hard for me. I kept saying, I'm older, I look fine.. then I couldnt walk up stairs well, walking a mile got me tired. I couldn't play with my nephew. There are a lot of little things I felt like I was missing out on and that was just with 40lbs. I hope your boyfriend can come around and you both can motivate each other because that will make things a million times easier! Good luck to the both of you!