Hi, my name is Lee and I'm an alco.....wait....wut?

Options
...I am called Lee.
...I am not an alcoholic.

However, alcohol has been the reason I haven't been able to stay in shape. I'm not a big eater. I struggle to reach my calorie goals most days. My problem has always been weekends with friends. I can finish work at 9pm on a Friday and be drinking by 9.30...Back on the pop Saturday night...and out by opening time on Sunday, to cure my hangover! It's just not good.

However, today is my birthday! (yay!) I am turning 26. My first child is due in 8 days. So...I can't drink at the moment anyway, in case I have to drive my girl to the hospital....And I just think that, with a child coming a long, It's time to cut right down on the alcohol and get in shape. I'm highly motivated.

Wish me luck!!

And a Good morning/evening to all...wherever you are!

Replies

• primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and congrats on the new addition arriving soon!
  • linxus
    linxus Posts: 87
    Options
    Good luck! Alcohol is definitely, unfortunately, kryptonite to weight loss. If you need any support, feel free to add/message : )
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    Congrats! Hope all goes well! Good luck with getting in shape, cutting out the alcohol with a baby on the way. And a Happy Birthday to you!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You can do this! The addition will change things but what a wonderful addition!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You have a marvelous introduction. As well as a dapper hat. Glad you found us!
  • jangel22
    jangel22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Same here on trying to drink less - It def. makes you lose motivation and sets you back on your goals. I am trying to find a good balance between being the healthiest I can be and still having fun =)
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    Thanks, all! Appreciate the well wishes and birthday messages! :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    happy birthday & congrats - by the time bubs is here you probably won't want to drink because having a hangover dealing with a little 1 can be VERY tiresome.

good luck with it all :flowerforyou:
  • oorenfoo
    Options

The word dapper...is one of my favourites. Along with "Woggle." Kudos!
    Happy birthday! Same here on trying to drink less - It def. makes you lose motivation and sets you back on your goals. I am trying to find a good balance between being the healthiest I can be and still having fun =)

I got your first post? I feel honoured! :)
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! :D
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    happy birthday & congrats - by the time bubs is here you probably won't want to drink because having a hangover dealing with a little 1 can be VERY tiresome.

good luck with it all :flowerforyou:

Yeah, that was one of my first thoughts! Heh. Thank you!!! :)
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    ...I am called Lee.

However, alcohol has been the reason I haven't been able to stay in shape. I'm not a big eater. I struggle to reach my calorie goals most days. My problem has always been weekends with friends. I can finish work at 9pm on a Friday and be drinking by 9.30...Back on the pop Saturday night...and out by opening time on Sunday, to cure my hangover! It's just not good.

However, today is my birthday! (yay!) I am turning 26. My first child is due in 8 days. So...I can't drink at the moment anyway, in case I have to drive my girl to the hospital....And I just think that, with a child coming a long, It's time to cut right down on the alcohol and get in shape. I'm highly motivated.

Wish me luck!!

Happy Bday! I went into labor on my husband's 30th Bday. He was sauced. I drove us to the hospital lol. That was 9 years and 2 days ago :drinker:
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    ...I am called Lee.

Wish me luck!!

Happy Bday! I went into labor on my husband's 30th Bday. He was sauced. I drove us to the hospital lol. That was 9 years and 2 days ago :drinker:

Hahaha! Oh my days. He must have sobered up quick when it came to labour though, right? If it had have been a big one, like 30...I probably would have been drinking. 26 doesn't move me as much as being healthy for my child coming along! :)
  • oorenfoo
    Options

The word dapper...is one of my favourites. Along with "Woggle." Kudos!

OH! But my favourite is probably, "Pandiculation!" Such a great word.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I hope you can get your crap together for your baby. Seek help if you need it. It's no fun growing up with a dad who drinks his nights and/or weekends away.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    ...I am called Lee.

Wish me luck!!

Hahaha! Oh my days. He must have sobered up quick when it came to labour though, right? If it had have been a big one, like 30...I probably would have been drinking. 26 doesn't move me as much as being healthy for my child coming along! :)

He most certainly did! Good luck to you :smile:
  • luliejane
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! I understand the drinking and staying within calories! I usually drink on the weekends & some weekdays, and end up gaining back my weight I lost for the week:(. I'm trying real hard this weekend to stay strong so I can keep losing!!!

Congratulations on the new baby!!!!
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    I hope you can get your crap together for your baby. Seek help if you need it. It's no fun growing up with a dad who drinks his nights and/or weekends away.

Oh, God! I don't have a problem! I don't drink through the week as I work most evenings. Also, I don't drink because I feel I have to, or anything. I just have a massive, crazy bunch of friends...and we are always together, either at a bar or at someone's place...and in a group we tend to drink. I wouldn't say I have a problem. And I definitely don't need help.

I just feel that, I'd like to be in shape and a bit fitter for my child coming along, is all. Sorry if my post seems misleading.
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    ...I am called Lee.

Wish me luck!!

He most certainly did! Good luck to you :smile:

Hahah, I can only imagine! Thanks, again. :)
  • oorenfoo
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! I understand the drinking and staying within calories! I usually drink on the weekends & some weekdays, and end up gaining back my weight I lost for the week:(. I'm trying real hard this weekend to stay strong so I can keep losing!!!

Congratulations on the new baby!!!!

Thank you! :)

And, you can do it! I'm sure you can! Good luck with your journey! :)
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! Very sweet of you to stay sober just in case. :flowerforyou:

Have some champange after the baby comes.:drinker: