Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Special K

Is there anyone whose ever tried the Special K diet? I`ve done it in the past and it does work. I buy the special K redberries because (measuring by cup) its the lowest in calories, bout 110 per cup and I use half a cup of 1% milk, with a side of raw fruit. I do this for breakfast and lunch, with maybe a snack in between. I`m thinking about going back to this diet because it does work, but I was kinda hungry alot. Back then I had alot of will power!

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    It works because it creates a calorie deficit. You could do the same thing with Big Macs.

You're hungry because you're not eating much in the way of nutrients. You can eat normal foods that will cover your nutrition bases (and fill you for much longer, reducing hunger) the same way you eat the cereal. Special K is a gimmick that convinces you its product is what does the trick, when really, basic science is behind it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    It works because it creates a calorie deficit. You could do the same thing with Big Macs.

You're hungry because you're not eating much in the way of nutrients. You can eat normal foods that will cover your nutrition bases (and fill you for much longer, reducing hunger) the same way you eat the cereal. Special K is a gimmick that convinces you its product is what does the trick, when really, basic science is behind it.

^This. Absolutely this. Some of the Special K products taste good. That's the only reason I eat them now and again. But I, in no way, think that I'm losing weight because of them. Eating at a calorie deficit = weight loss.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member

This. Also, am I the only one who has major portion control issues with cereal?
    A cup of cereal just looks and feels like nothing to me.
  • i tried it, acutally measured out the serving sizes for the cereal and milk .. i made it two days i was STARVING all the time! i couldnt do it.. for 140 calories - id rather have an egg and a peice of toast
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    I like some Special K bars and I think the regular Special K cereal is ok. I don't like the flavored special k cereals though. I couldn't do the diet. Be careful with the red berries I think that one was the one that was just recalled.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Processed garbage. Sorry but true. I admit I drink the special K protein waters occasionally but all the other stuff is just a gimmick. :indifferent: