Slow cooking without a slow cooker???

Options
I have rump steak in the fridge and Im thinking maybe beef stroganoff for dinner but the meat is usually a bit tough if I cook it on the stove top. I dont have a slow cooker. Does anyone have any ideas or tips?

Replies

• healthyloserxxx
    Options
    You can cook it in the oven or on the stove top. Braise the beef, meaning brown it on all sides, add some onion, garlic, tomato sauce, chicken stock or water, wine, whatever you have on hand that is calorie friendly. Simmer until it appears tender. I can't
    estimate that as it depends on the meat. Actually, if you cut it in chunks it will become tender faster.

I just made a recipe for tomorrow. Cut sirloin tips into chunks, rolled in some paprika, cinnamon, ginger, crushed red pepper and
    browned in olive oil...Next add a cup of chopped onion....cook 4 mins.....chop 4 cloves of garlic and add. Brown over med heat for
    about min. Add a can of diced tomatoes (14oz) and a cup of chicken stock. Simmer for 10 mins. Peel about a lb of butternut squash and cut into cubes. Add to pan and simmer until squash is tender. When finished I add 1.5 cups of frozen peas. I am
    serving this for dinner tomorrow evening over 1/2 cup of brown rice per serving.

Good luck with your beef!
  • fnkygrl
    Options
    Thanks. Yours sounds yummy I might try that instead :happy: