Bad Day

Options
Alright, so this doesn't really have anything to do with weight loss, but I just needed a place to vent. I was having a great day today, until I went to get into my car and found that someone had gotten into it, probably last night or the night before. The doors were unlocked and partially open, there was dirt on the seats, and my stuff was all over the floor. There was absolutely nothing of value in my car, except for about 75 cents in change, which wasn't taken, so i'm pretty sure they were after the car itself. And it's not even that great of a car, almost 20 years old and over 250,000 miles, who would want it? Don't get me wrong, i'm happy that nothing was taken, and that my car is fine, it's just that it's mine, and I don't like people getting into my stuff. Honestly, I feel a little violated. Ugghh, it's just so annoying, but I feel better now, and tomorrow will be a better day. Thanks for listening :)

Replies

• simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can surely empathize. My backyard was broken into...what did the theives take...very old lawn chairs. We had a brand new set, they didnt touch those, just the old chairs. It didnt bother me that they took the chairs. What bothered me was that someone was in my yard rifling through my stuff. It does feel like a violation.

Hugs to you. Tomorrow is a new day and it'll likely be a better one too! :flowerforyou:
  • Laine
    Laine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nothing is worse than strange people going where they don't belong--we are missing respect these days! There is no respect for other people and their things!! Our cars were broken into in our car port and I was freaked out that they were basically in my home and checking out our cars!! I feel for you and hope you have a good day tomorrow!!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I hate thieves.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Wow, could someone have used your car as their bed for the night? Homeless person?? Maybe you helped them. Is that spin a tiny bit easier to deal with? Anyway, I hope it never happens to you again.
  • monkey_2
    monkey_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks for all the kind words everyone, i really do fell better now, just needed to get it out. bjberry: it's a nice thought, but i'm pretty sure it was someone who was after the car. i had a key to my car racks in the glove compartment and they left it out on one of the seats, so they were probably trying to start the car with it.