My new favorite "busy weeknight with no time to cook"

Options
Rose_bee
Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
I work 8-5, and then exercise, so by the time I'm ready to make dinner it's pushing 6:30pm and I'm exhausted & starving. This is my new favorite - I need something *now*, but I need something that won't kill my diet.

The miracle is Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic. You open the packet & microwave for 90 seconds.

Mix in good stone ground mustard to taste. One cup is 240 calories.

Tonight I opened a 5 oz can of chunk/shredded chicken, and mixed it in for another 45 calories of protein per serving.

Since I had extra calories for today I added some shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.

SO tasty, and took less than 10 minutes to make.

Replies

• Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    sounds good, but have you tried crockpot cooking?
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I need to use my crockpot more. I'm not the best cook - I need a lot more practice. I did make a fabulous horseradish-seasoned pot roast in my crockpot a month or two ago.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    my daughter just bought this rice today at costco. she said it is amazing.. i'm going to try it tomorrow... :) and its 100% whole grain... cant beat it.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    This is why I cook on the weekends and take something out of the freezer the night before or I'd never manage!!!!!
    I freak if there's nothing proper to eat!!! AWAH!
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I work 3rd shift, sleep most of the day away, so when I get up in the middle of the afternoon, do my exercise routine, run errands, etc. by the time I get home it's well past 5:30PM. I have the same dilemma as you however, I do make time to cook a quick homemade stir-fry during the week. Only on the weekends will I make something I can pop in the microwave.

I'd be totally lost if I didn't make the time to do my weekly stir-fry. "If it's important you'll find a way to do it" :happy: :smile:
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I bought some of that last week at BJs. I'm going to try it. Thanks for the idea!