i know i know only 60 days ;/

Options

Replies

• CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    This is correct, but it works for some people because it will cut at those calories that they would have eaten past 9 or 7 or 6 or whatever time you choose. It works for people like that.
    possible. low carb and don't eat after 9

Nope. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss. Calories can't tell time.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks a heap Mr.Goody Two Shoes. How about answering the question without throwing in your world viewpoint?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'd focus more on losing inches rather than losing pounds.
    P90x? Or any Jillian Michael's DVD?
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    This is correct, but it works for some people because it will cut at those calories that they would have eaten past 9 or 7 or 6 or whatever time you choose. It works for people like that.

Yup, that's true! If you shorten the eating window it can help some people...especially reducing the late night snacking. It would never have worked for me. I got to my goal weight by eating lots of carbs and calories after 9:00pm! :smile: But we are all different and need to find an approach that works for us.

OP, you are getting lots of good advice. Glad to see you've reduced your goal to 10-15 pounds. That's very reasonable. The body shaper is a great suggestion.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would ditch the cereal ( which can cause you to bloat) and replace with hardboiled egg or some other low calorie protein.

Ditto for the wheat thins....this is the time to try sticking to low carb and protein.

From experience, just cutting calories works in the LONG run - in fact I put on weight cutting calories because most of my food within my 1270 cal a day allowance was carb dense. The minute I switched to meat and green leafy vegetables as the major intake = limiting my carbs to about 48 grams a day, I lost weight.

so try that for the next 30 days see if it helps
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I did try to do this time but it just didn't really work out for me. Now I have my dress bought, to buy a new dress is not an option. So I need to lose the weight for the dress and my self. I'm 166 right now eventually I would like to be my high school weight at 125. But with 60 days to go I would like to lose the 30 lbs to fit in my dress so I am thinking about trying the fad diets just for now for the quick weight lose I mean I do work out and am healthy I just need the process to speed up.

I'm thinking of doing veggies liquids oat meal cereals and salads with protine?
    I just need help!

Losing that much in such a short period of time will result in a lot of muscle loss... which won't make you look any better.

Why did you buy a dress so much smaller than you needed? I would just go and get another dress. Why wait until closer to the day when you won't have the time to order a new dress when the one you bought doesn't fit.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

You should have started months ago and not waited until the last minute to try and lose such a large amount of weight.

Seriously, why so doom and gloom? You must be perfect.

I would focus on low fat, higher protein, lots of water, fiber, and low sodium. You can't hope to lose a ton of weight, but you can de bloat and work on toning...which will make you look thinner. No one is going to weigh you on your wedding day, so focus on de bloating and getting as toned as possible.

Or you can follow the biggest loser diet and have a 3500 calorie deficit every day, lose a pound a day, possible murder your bridal party and fiancé before the wedding because your so hangry, and then gain back 20 pounds on your honey moon...but I would choose the first one.

That's plateau central, a deficit that big.

I wasn't actually suggesting she go the biggest loser route...hence the joke about murdering the bridal party.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

You should have started months ago and not waited until the last minute to try and lose such a large amount of weight.

It may be harsh, but it's true.

Aim for 1lb per week & eat as clean as you can
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I would switch up the workout to something more intense.. Nothing against 30 Day Shred as I like the workouts. I am doing Insanity now and it seems to be working (down 5lbs in the first week, the only thing I changed is the workout routine.. my diet has stayed the same). And since its a 60 day program, it will fit right into your time constraints..

On a side note, your groom is going to think you are the most beautiful thing, no matter what. Congratulations on the marrage and my you enjoy a long and happy life together.
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

So rude. But on a positive note. Keep doing what you are doing. Count your calories and maybe add something extra in. Like walking on the treadmill or going for a walk outside. Just stay positive!
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just eat as clean as possible, weigh and measure all of your food, and try to get some activity in every day that includes some serious weight lifting. As someone who also bought a wedding dress smaller than recommended, I am talking from experience.

Meal times and different workouts aren't going to matter if you aren't eating the right things. Your goal should be inches not pounds at this point. Replace body fat with muscle. Change your macros to 30% protein, 15% fat, 30 grams of fiber and drink at least a gallon of water per day. No processed foods, no eating out. You will have to be super strict for the next 2 months, and accept that you might gain a little back after the wedding (I know I did), but I bet you can fit into that dress.
  • RoarNCorgi20s
    RoarNCorgi20s Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cut sugary drinks, drink lots of water, if anything tone up!
    Do what you gotta do to look good and feel good to yourself.
    That does not always mean losing that X amount of weight right off the bat, especially with your time limit.
    Good luck Future Bride! :flowerforyou:
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting mixed with clean eating and cardio mixed with heavy lifting, while you might not lose all 30 pounds you may get close enough to fit into that dress. If three weeks out you haven't at least dropped ten, you should get another dress as back and have a blast. Its your wedding and you deserve a dress that looks fabulous on you.
  • labgf4
    labgf4 Posts: 10
    Options
    Just eat as clean as possible, weigh and measure all of your food, and try to get some activity in every day that includes some serious weight lifting. As someone who also bought a wedding dress smaller than recommended, I am talking from experience.

Meal times and different workouts aren't going to matter if you aren't eating the right things. Your goal should be inches not pounds at this point. Replace body fat with muscle. Change your macros to 30% protein, 15% fat, 30 grams of fiber and drink at least a gallon of water per day. No processed foods, no eating out. You will have to be super strict for the next 2 months, and accept that you might gain a little back after the wedding (I know I did), but I bet you can fit into that dress.

Spot on! I completely agree. Measuring/weighing everything you eat - as crazy as it sounds, it works! I bought a kitchen scale at Target for $30 and it's a fabulous investment. It's interesting to see how much a food - Greek yogurt, for example - you actually consume. What I thought "looked like" 2 tablespoons definitely wasn't.

I think that making these seemingly small changes will help you on your way to losing those 35 pounds, even if it's not by your wedding date. However, I wouldn't stress out over those 35 pounds... you want to enjoy this happiest of days, not worry!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

So rude. But on a positive note. Keep doing what you are doing. Count your calories and maybe add something extra in. Like walking on the treadmill or going for a walk outside. Just stay positive!

That's not rude. It's the truth.

No one here should expect to lose 30 lbs in 2 months - that's crazy talk!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Personally...I would aim for 10-15 pounds and do some serious exercise to try to cut the inches off...

Aiming for 10-15 instead of 30 may make the difference between being a happy bride vs a total hungry angry bridezilla.
  • now_or_never13
    Options

A woman cannot gain any real amount of muscle to make a difference in only two months. You cannot replace fat with muscle.

Why only 15% fat? Your body NEEDS fat.
  • now_or_never13
    Options
    Nothing.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how that post was rude.

Expecting to lose 30 lbs in two months is impossible. Purchasing a dress that is far too small and not starting a head of time to fit it is irresponsible.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    intermittent fasting mixed with clean eating and cardio mixed with heavy lifting, while you might not lose all 30 pounds you may get close enough to fit into that dress. If three weeks out you haven't at least dropped ten, you should get another dress as back and have a blast. Its your wedding and you deserve a dress that looks fabulous on you.

^ This. Intermittent Fasting, especially for you as a newbie to the IF lifestyle, could feasibly see approx 10-20lbs of weight loss in 2 months. When I lost my 30 lbs I was doing IF twice a week and maintaining 1200 net calories a day on non fasting days. Combine IF with heavy lifting and you will tone up (shrink in measurements) and also loss lbs. It works and it is sustainable.
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you use what this site will give you for a 2lb/week loss and track religiously. Eat a LOT of fibrous veggies, drink a lot of water. I am also a big fan of green tea.
    If you have weight to lose around your waist, losing muscle won't help you a bit. Eat plenty of protein. Going lowER carb would be a good thing. I am now at about 100 grams a day, and that doesn't feel "low carb" to me, it just feels clean.
    Remember, if you lose 16 pounds before the wedding -- which is not certain but certainly possible -- you will be losing about 10% of your body weight. That will be a big difference and people will notice, but you want to be glowing and healthy, not washed out!
    Toning up your arms and shoulders would be something else that will make the dress look good. I wouldn't lift for your back right now or do a lot of ab work.
    In about four weeks, try on some corsets for under the dress - I mean the real thing with the laces and bones. You can probably get down a couple of inches with that alone, and it will give you a smooth line. If you buy one that gives you room to lace it tighter, you can use that the closer you get to the wedding.