Skinny wraps???

Options
13»

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bio oil on stretch marks? It worked amazingly for me... Highly recommended!!

Thanks to you and the other person who posted about the bio oil. I just bought some tonight, and I will be using it. Hope it works! Wish me luck!!! :)))
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    I've already lost 65lb's, with only 15 more to go. Maybe this last 15 will be the trick! Ha! I really don't want to lose anymore than that, because other than my belly, I'm beginning to look a little anorexic. Lol. Thanks everyone! Wish me luck! :happy:

I looked at your profile, and your baby is only 1. I have a little guy about the same age, as well as older kids too, and I'm about your age (scary … we could be twins! :laugh: :laugh: )

Anyway, I have found that it is harder to get rid of that belly area than anywhere else after pregnancy, and this time, in my 30's, feels harder than with my first kids, when I was a spry 20-something. I think it takes time for everything in the body to get back to "normal." If everything else is looking good, or even a bit skinny, I would stress less about the belly and just be patient. Hey, we EARNED these stretch marks, every one of them! :wink: :happy:

In the mean time, add weights to your exercise regimen, if you aren't already doing them. It will help build muscle everywhere else, or at least show off the muscle you have more (since so many people claim you can't build muscle on deficit…. :tongue: ), and you may find that you like the look better. It may even help with the belly pooch a bit (I can't decide if it's helped me or not.)

(BTW, yes, my ticker says only 3 pounds lost. I reset it for 2013. I've lost something like 30 since giving birth)
  • amymurphy7169
    Options
    Actually, the Skinny Wraps DO WORK. I use them and I offer them to my patients. I am a Nurse Practitioner. I have patients ask me all the time to prescribe things for weight loss such as phentermine or Adipex or HCG injections and I won't do it. These weight loss techniques require close monitoring and follow up because they can cause cardiac problems. Most of my patients would skip appointments, labs, EKGs etc once they got their prescription. The risk was just too great. I had a friend try a get me to sell the products back in January and I declined because I was skeptical. My sister started using the products after having a very difficult time losing her baby weight even with the help of a nutritionist and regular exercise. When I saw her results I started researching the products. They work like this (imagine your body is a garden). When you want to plant a garden the first thing you do is go weed, tearing up everything. This is what the Wraps do. The number of fat cells we have in our bodies is determined in childhood. That is why we have to be careful what we feed our children...we don't want to set them up for failure later in life. As adults we will never gain more fat cells and the only way to lose them is through liposuction. We gain "fat" because our fat cells are being filled with garbage. The Wraps have all natural herbs and botanicals that penetrate our fat cells and help cleanse our fat cells. You are encouraged to drink at least half your bodies weight in ounces of water while wrapping (it is NOT water weight you are losing). The next step in planting our garden is tilling/fertilizing our soil to prepare it for planting. This is using the Greens to help alkalzye our bodies. Our bodies CRAVE being alkalytic but because of our diets most of us walk around very acidic leaving us vulnerable to sickness and even some cancers. The final step is planting all the good things we want in our garden. This final step is maintaining a healthy diet and exercise program. If you do this...your results from the Wraps are PERMANENT. If you go back to bad habits, your results last 2-6 weeks. You will find a lot of neah-sayers with products like this. Trust me, I was one of them. The reason you will not see anything about pounds lost or inches lost is because of FDA regulations. It is illegal for the company to claim these things publicly because they are not FDA regulated. They are not trying to HIDE anything. Trust me...if the FDA could regulate herbs and botanicals...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Belly fat will only disappear with proper diet. Exercise can help by giving a more rigid muscle backdrop to minimize the 'too soft' look. No pill, wrap etc will do that. The only thing those products will do is lighten your wallet.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Actually, the Skinny Wraps DO WORK. I use them and I offer them to my patients. I am a Nurse Practitioner. I have patients ask me all the time to prescribe things for weight loss such as phentermine or Adipex or HCG injections and I won't do it. These weight loss techniques require close monitoring and follow up because they can cause cardiac problems. Most of my patients would skip appointments, labs, EKGs etc once they got their prescription. The risk was just too great. I had a friend try a get me to sell the products back in January and I declined because I was skeptical. My sister started using the products after having a very difficult time losing her baby weight even with the help of a nutritionist and regular exercise. When I saw her results I started researching the products. They work like this (imagine your body is a garden). When you want to plant a garden the first thing you do is go weed, tearing up everything. This is what the Wraps do. The number of fat cells we have in our bodies is determined in childhood. That is why we have to be careful what we feed our children...we don't want to set them up for failure later in life. As adults we will never gain more fat cells and the only way to lose them is through liposuction. We gain "fat" because our fat cells are being filled with garbage. The Wraps have all natural herbs and botanicals that penetrate our fat cells and help cleanse our fat cells. You are encouraged to drink at least half your bodies weight in ounces of water while wrapping (it is NOT water weight you are losing). The next step in planting our garden is tilling/fertilizing our soil to prepare it for planting. This is using the Greens to help alkalzye our bodies. Our bodies CRAVE being alkalytic but because of our diets most of us walk around very acidic leaving us vulnerable to sickness and even some cancers. The final step is planting all the good things we want in our garden. This final step is maintaining a healthy diet and exercise program. If you do this...your results from the Wraps are PERMANENT. If you go back to bad habits, your results last 2-6 weeks. You will find a lot of neah-sayers with products like this. Trust me, I was one of them. The reason you will not see anything about pounds lost or inches lost is because of FDA regulations. It is illegal for the company to claim these things publicly because they are not FDA regulated. They are not trying to HIDE anything. Trust me...if the FDA could regulate herbs and botanicals...

This is your first post and call me a skeptic but I neither believe you are a nurse nor that you've seen this product work as advertised. I'm far more likely to believe that you sell the product and similar snake oil. I could be wrong but I just don't think I am.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

This is your first post and call me a skeptic but I neither believe you are a nurse nor that you've seen this product work as advertised. I'm far more likely to believe that you sell the product and similar snake oil. I could be wrong but I just don't think I am.

I don't think you are wrong either!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Oh hell naw! Don't do it, waste of money, time and effort.

If you want quick results that are expensive but works then get lipo or a tummy tuck, but those in itself can cause other problems.

I have lost most of my belly from losing weight and being patient. I also use Revitagen to lessen the appearance of stretch marks and it does honestly help but nothing will get rid of them. So just keeping eating right, exercising and practicing patience and you will get pretty darn close to what you want if not actually getting what you want from your body.
  • Kaedemoon267
    Options
    I have friends that are falling for that "skinny wrap" stuff and it disgusts me. It is the lazy way out, a quick fix, and you have to keep buying and buying and buying to see results! Ugh! I have been doing TurboFire and Insanity and losing weight/inches, eating healthy and THAT is the only way to lose weight. Those companies are scamming off people too lazy to actually work for losing weight. It sounds harsh but it is true. I am a Beachbody Coach and I find people would rather spend 75+ dollars on "skinny wraps" than purchase an intense workout program from me for less cost than those wraps. It is silly. To each his own I guess!