Unreal

Options
I took Saturday night off and all Sunday off my diet. I didn't do any exercise from 5 PM on till Monday morning, and I ate whatever I wanted, didn't calculate it or anything, just ate. I go to the scale on Monday and had gained 6 pounds.

I am now recommitted to following the diet

Replies

• RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I took Saturday night off and all Sunday off my diet. I didn't do any exercise from 5 PM on till Monday morning, and I ate whatever I wanted, didn't calculate it or anything, just ate. I go to the scale on Monday and had gained 6 pounds.

I am now recommitted to following the diet
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When did you get on the scale? It is unlikely you gained 6 lbs in one day. Weigh in the morning and be sure to eat a high fiber meal to um unclog the shoot :laugh: You are probably retaining fluid especially if the food was high sodium content. One day is nothing to panic over. Good luck!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have had the same problem before.... taken one or two days off and gained 3,4 or 5 pounds. While I know it was most likely water weight or being "clogged", I agree with you... it is a real eye opener. Even if you know those 6 pounds aren't 6 pounds of fat, it still hurts to see that scale number go up. I guess we all need a kick in the butt everyonce in while! LOL.
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    But I bet it felt good to take some time off and just be able to relax and eat what you want! :happy: And now you can be more committed and focused on your healthy eating and exercise.

Now take the momentum and go with it! Good luck!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey seriously i ate like you did! And i gain 2.4 pounds over the weekend. That hurts sooooo much to see what you've been working on go to waste like that, but THERE IS ALWAYS TOMORROW.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    ik exaclty how you feel i worked so hard to get weight off and i basically gained it all back in 3 days and i did bad this weekend!!! but it def gives me motivation to never take a break for couple days because i feel like a bulga whale.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I way overeate yesterday, and there is no way that I'm getting a the scale until Friday morning. :drinker: to the holiday being over. BTY, I gave the rest of the cake I made to my sister in law. The kids chocolates I can handle, not cake ( especially cake with cream cheese frosting):bigsmile: