Lunch Ideas???

Options
I am unable to leave my desk for longer than a few minutes. I need lunch ideas. I like keeping my lunch calories under 200 and pretty good amount of protein since i eat alot of small meals through out the day Any ideas???????

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you try to keep your luch calories around 200??

Ooops sorry, just re-read and seen that you eat many small meals.
  • ChadRademacher
    Options
    Pure Protein - Pure 20g Protein High Protein Bar - Chocolate Peanut ButterServings: 1 bar
    Calories 200 Sodium 200 mg
    Total Fat 6 g Potassium 140 mg
    Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 16 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 20 g
    Cholesterol 10 mg

If you could do more in the 250-350 calorie range I could give you plenty of good ideas
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Lowfat cottage cheese and 1 cup of the diced peaches with splenda. Also makes a good breakfast if your not in the mood for something hot. The cottage cheese and the peaches come in individual serving containers that make it easy to pack. 220 cals & 23 grams protein.

I also do the new flat round wheat breads with a wedge of the laffing cow spreadable cheese instead of mayo and a few slices of the lowfat shaved ham. Quick and easy and also works for breakfast. Toasted or not. About 158 cals & 12 grams protein.

Just a couple of the things I've been doing lately. :smile:
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    awesome ideas, i am getting a little sick of the hard boiled eggs i was craving. lol i am going to go to the store to pick up these things to put some variety into my day
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    If you can get to a microwave green giant steemers (2 servings) and 3oz of grilled chicken.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I make a huge plate of salad most days...2 cups of lettuce, hard-boiled egg, carrots, bacon bits and 2 tbsp of Kraft fat free Italian...all around 150 cals or so! Maybe 170, I can't remember. But I finish that off and follow it with a cup or 2 of water and I'm full! :)
  • dstolan
    dstolan Posts: 1
    Options
    Try Quinoa its very filling and tastes really good add some cucumbers or broccoli 1 cup is about 210 calories . Its very high in protein also. Google it if never heard of it. You can eat it cold or hot.
  • agarzia
    agarzia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information I am new and i really need help!!! Im in need of recepies I don't know what to eat. These recepies sound great, please keep them coming.
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    today for lunch i had a toasted english muffin with laughing cow cheese and a couple pieces of ham. That was a total of 190 calories and surprisingly so tasty