Is there an effective way to double up dumbbells somehow?

2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Do bulgarian split squats - hold one in each hand - or save up for heavier ones.
    This makes the most sense. Bulgarian split squats will effectively double the weight because you're only working one leg at a time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    The number 1 rule of the game is to stay in the game. Jerry rigging dumbbells together sounds like a fast track to an easily avoidable injury to me. Just save up till you can buy some 50s or a heavy kettlebell

^This! Tying/Duct taping dumbbells together sounds..well...dumb. That's just asking for a trip to the ER. Save up until you can buy heavier weights or figure out a way to get to a gym.
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    The number 1 rule of the game is to stay in the game. Jerry rigging dumbbells together sounds like a fast track to an easily avoidable injury to me. Just save up till you can buy some 50s or a heavy kettlebell

^This! Tying/Duct taping dumbbells together sounds..well...dumb. That's just asking for a trip to the ER. Save up until you can buy heavier weights or figure out a way to get to a gym.

DITTO!!!!
  • I went the duct tape route. A sufficient amount of duct tape can be practically indestructible against a blunt extruding force. The only issue I'm having is with the awkward weight distribution of the dumbbell, makes certain exercises pretty much impossible. I have cement I bought to make homemade weights, will probably get on that as soon as the weather turns around.