Recipe books or websites: which are your bible?

Options
2»

Replies

• nurse_ratty
    nurse_ratty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love the hairy dieters cook book we haven't had a bad meal from that book, I also use the bbc good food website my friend cooked their jambalaya last night which was delisious

Isn't it just! I like it as my other half is not on a diet but means I can good for both of us and he enjoys it too, I cook them for 4 for things I can freeze then I have a good meal when his on lates stops me eating rubbish. Love the book.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    ooh I might go check out this hairy bikers book now ! I will see if my library has it
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I use google... But then I don't really make "diet" foods and stuff... I make regular food in smaller portions with lots of veggies on the side.

And unless I'm baking something delicate like souffle or whatever, I don't really tend to follow the recipes exactly anyway.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    http://iowagirleats.com/

amazing recipes!
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Pintrest "health and fitness" section has tons of yummy, healthy recipes! If it doesn't detail the nutritional value, I just plug it in to the mfp recipes section and it breaks it all down!

THIS! I love interest soooooooo much for the recipes
  • etbartlett
    Options
    My Food Bibles: www.marksdailyapple.com and healthylivinghowto.com

They never let me down :)
  • mrbossman
    mrbossman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste food blog. Absolutely my new go-to for recipes of all kinds. Try the Stuffed Peppers recipe.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

My wife cooked the Stuffed Peppers they were Great! Thanks
  • A01fe
    A01fe Posts: 15
    Options
    I love the Hairy Dieters cookbook. I also use the bbc good food website as they have calories for all their recipes. I've just ordered Cook Yourself Thin so will let you know what that one is like once I've tried a few recipes
  • StephanieScope87
    Options
    Hairy Dieters x
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the new American Heart Association Cookbook. Great book. I'm a little more old fashioned....I love books! Websites are great too though, i'm just a touchy feely person and like books. lol ok, I'm rambling. :-)
  • NellieFlower
    Options
    Hands down, my favourite cookbook is Janet and Greta's "The Looneyspoons Collection" published 2011. The Looneyspoons Collection has over 325 healthy recipes. Last night I made a delicious roasted vegetable lasagna. You can find recipe samples on their website
    janetandgreta.com
    Each month they include a new recipe. February's recipe is "Italian Tomato, White Bean, Kale and Fresh Basil Soup" Yum.
  • canambus
    Options
    Bump
  • srfranzen8
    srfranzen8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • babsmoran
    Options
    bump
  • ljl150
    ljl150 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bump, Great suggestions!
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago, I bought "Not My Mama's Table" by Bobby Dean. It has alittle bit of everything in it and so far...I love it!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options