What foods do you suggest

Options
For weight loss what food do you think is the best? Other than seafood I don't eat that. Have any yummy recipes to share?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like as long as you stay in budget. There are no magic foods for weight loss, you just have to eat less and do more.
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have only really ever eaten Mexican, Italian foods all carb overload foods
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mokey, nothing is off limits as long as you stay within your calorie limits. Chicken breast, pork loin are lean in fat and will give you plenty of protein.

If you like Mexican and Italian foods, go check out a website called Skinny Taste. she has some wonder recipes that are healthier versions. So far everything I have tried has been really good.
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Main thing is to eat "clean" food. No processed stuff if you can help it or refined carbs.

Get rid of stuff like : Sugary cereals, chocolate, alcohol, ready meals, sugary health bars, fat free food (they replace the fat with sugar)

Add in : Fibrious veg, greener the better, olive/coconut oil (in moderation), nuts (in moderation), fish, chicken, fruit (in moderation) water.

As for a recipe, I could go on all day ;) But for starters : 2 tins tuna (in water, drained), 1 tin tomatoes, squirt of lemon juice, chopped up chilli, garlic, coriander. Heat all up in a pan and eat over a bed of rocket. Yum.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I agree with Mokey, nothing is off limits as long as you stay within your calorie limits. Chicken breast, pork loin are lean in fat and will give you plenty of protein.

If you like Mexican and Italian foods, go check out a website called Skinny Taste. she has some wonder recipes that are healthier versions. So far everything I have tried has been really good.

Wow thank you I thought I would have to give up everything I love
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Main thing is to eat "clean" food. No processed stuff if you can help it or refined carbs.

Get rid of stuff like : Sugary cereals, chocolate, alcohol, ready meals, sugary health bars, fat free food (they replace the fat with sugar)

Add in : Fibrious veg, greener the better, olive/coconut oil (in moderation), nuts (in moderation), fish, chicken, fruit (in moderation) water.

As for a recipe, I could go on all day ;) But for starters : 2 tins tuna (in water, drained), 1 tin tomatoes, squirt of lemon juice, chopped up chilli, garlic, coriander. Heat all up in a pan and eat over a bed of rocket. Yum.

Thank you this is the kind or information I need
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Calories in, calories out.

Wow your profile pic is so amazing and inspirational
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I agree with Darrel. I try to eat clean. No processed junk. Read Michael Pollan's "In Defense of Food" and it will change the way you look at food in the super market.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options

^This exactly....I wouldn't know about the recipe though because I don't eat fish.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I like to make crockpot shredded chicken breasts with Mexican seasoning and use Mission Carb Balance tortillas to make burritos with low fat sour cream, veggies, and salsa if you like Mexican.

Homemade broth-based or vegetable-based soups are also very economical and usually pretty healthy and lo-cal. I make big batches and freeze individual portions.

Egg whites are a real savior. Use them with some low fat cheese and veggies of your choice for quick omelets.

I also make a spaghetti sauce but substitute very lean turkey ground turkey breast for the full-fat hamburger and then I have learned to like spaghetti squash, so I use it on top of that. If you don't like that, use a whole wheat pasta and measure it out. There are usually healthier substitutes for most meals.
  • LennieRose
    LennieRose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat alot of chicken breast and veggies, and I started using egg whites in the morning for breakfast. In a 1/4 cup of egg whites there is less then half the amount of calories and a bit more protein then in 1 large egg. I will make scrambled egg with 1 egg and some egg whites and it keeps me full till lunch.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I like to make crockpot shredded chicken breasts with Mexican seasoning and use Mission Carb Balance tortillas to make burritos with low fat sour cream, veggies, and salsa if you like Mexican.

Homemade broth-based or vegetable-based soups are also very economical and usually pretty healthy and lo-cal. I make big batches and freeze individual portions.

Egg whites are a real savior. Use them with some low fat cheese and veggies of your choice for quick omelets.

I also make a spaghetti sauce but substitute very lean turkey ground turkey breast for the full-fat hamburger and then I have learned to like spaghetti squash, so I use it on top of that. If you don't like that, use a whole wheat pasta and measure it out. There are usually healthier substitutes for most meals.

Wow thank you great info will try soon
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I tend to eat alot of chicken breast and veggies, and I started using egg whites in the morning for breakfast. In a 1/4 cup of egg whites there is less then half the amount of calories and a bit more protein then in 1 large egg. I will make scrambled egg with 1 egg and some egg whites and it keeps me full till lunch.

Mmm will try soon
  • Imigen04
    Options

^This exactly....I wouldn't know about the recipe though because I don't eat fish.

Me either
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I also love Mexican and Italian foods. I substitute chicken breast for beef with both. Have to cut back on the quantity of pasta though, and go for smaller tortillas with Mexican. Just read labels, can vary a lot in calories and carbs.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I also love Mexican and Italian foods. I substitute chicken breast for beef with both. Have to cut back on the quantity of pasta though, and go for smaller tortillas with Mexican. Just read labels, can vary a lot in calories and carbs.

Will do I have always eaten beef so still trying to learn other foods