At home exercise

Options
What are some good at home exercises?

Replies

• tony487
    tony487 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have a rebounder (mini-trampoline) and some dynabands and other resistance bands. Works great, not a lot of room. Oh, and a heavy bag for boxing.
  • M4Squared
    M4Squared Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started You are Your Own Gym. It's awesome, you should check it out, as well as other bodyweight fitness! Nothing required besides yourself.
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just started You are Your Own Gym. It's awesome, you should check it out, as well as other bodyweight fitness! Nothing required besides yourself.

What is it a book video? Any more info welcomed and friends too
  • scottdeeby
    scottdeeby Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Do you have any exercise equipment at home?
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Do you have any exercise equipment at home?

Completely drawing a blank for the name but its a still bike haha and some lil weights

Sorry for the dumb moment
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Fit Plus with pretty good success.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Fit Plus with pretty good success.

I was thinking about going and doing that now haha or Zumba
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise DVD's
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    youtube has a ton of exercises. you can do jillian michael's 30 day shred. i did it last month and it was great! another website is hasfit.com. they have a 30 day challenge and a 90 day challenge to get into shape. all their programs are free and there's even an eating guide.

good luck!

**I should add that I don't have a gym membership and about 90% of my workouts are done at home. When it's nice out, I take a walk outside. I've lost 11 lbs since the first of the year. It really is about eating clean and getting your half hour in every day.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Check out the nike training app if you have an ipod/iphone/ipad.

Theyre really good effective workouts that leave you sweating in no time
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You Tube is realy good for exercisising at home.

Type in Amanda Russell she has some realy good videos,hard but short and they realy work. xxx

Good luck
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Body weight, exercise DVDs (I like the the JIllian Michaels ones) and an elliptical. Also - pushing my kid in the stroller or chasing him at the park on nicer days.
  • Imigen04
    Options
    youtube has a ton of exercises. you can do jillian michael's 30 day shred. i did it last month and it was great! another website is hasfit.com. they have a 30 day challenge and a 90 day challenge to get into shape. all their programs are free and there's even an eating guide.

good luck!

**I should add that I don't have a gym membership and about 90% of my workouts are done at home. When it's nice out, I take a walk outside. I've lost 11 lbs since the first of the year. It really is about eating clean and getting your half hour in every day.

Thank u so much this is so helpful
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Check out the nike training app if you have an ipod/iphone/ipad.

Theyre really good effective workouts that leave you sweating in no time

Awesome I'm on my iPad now :)
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I always suggest BenderFitness.com. She uploads new workouts every day. Always something different.......most don't take up too much time......no equipment!
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    And also 'fitnessblender' on youtube have good full length videos
  • Imigen04
    Options
    Thanks ladies I'm willing to try anything I need to work on me
  • chefgirl866
    Options
    I will second fitness blender on youtube. They have some amazing videos.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love exercise DVD's and for any type of exercise you can find a video to try it. There are some popular household titles from Jillian Michaels and the Biggest Loser franchise that are really popular and people see results from them. I noticed on video fitness forums beginners and the very overweight love Leslie Sansone's walking workouts. Some people still do the Richard Simmons dance cardio workouts for fun. If you have netflix you can even try a few different ones a month I am sure. My favorite at home workouts are:

Walking
    Jump Rope (scorches calories, but you'll be surprised that you can only do it for a few mins)
    X-Box Kinect Zumba (awesome music, funny, and even if you can't do the steps you burn up calories)
    Jillian Michaels 30 DS, No more trouble zones, etc. (These will tighten up some areas in a couple weeks. Not for those with bad ankles)
    Ballet Body (Personally, I LOVE these workouts- my top favorite.)
    Still looking for the perfect yoga dvd.

I still have a gym member ship to do elliptical and yoga classes.
  • DotPett
    DotPett Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My trainer had me doing squats and lunges...also sit-ups and assisted squats with a fitness ball.