cheat day with family is it bad?

Options
I have one bad day where I go over my calorie goal. It is usually saturday with the family. I try to keep it healthy but go over my goal. During the week I am pretty much under my goal and workout 5 days a week. Is this going to prevent my goal . Is acheat day a good or bad thing? Does anybody else do this and are they losing?

Replies

• Donnaovercomer
    Donnaovercomer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a cheat day. This day is still part of your lifestyle. I do the same thing on Sundays. My husband and I go out every Sunday morning for breakfast and on those days if I want to eat something I normally would not than that is the day that I do it. i still count my calories that day. My husband and I work out at 5am Monday-Friday and try to walk on the weekends. It is just part of our lifestyle. So enjoy the day with your family and be mindful of that day and you will be fine.
  • drosen32
    drosen32 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If that's how you deep on track the rest of the week, go for it. Seeing that you've lost weight using this method so far seems reasonable. I do the same thing. It gives me something to look forward to.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    A cheat day isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you stay under your calorie goal for the week

Go to the "reports" tag and check out your weekly net calories. If you long everything on your gc eat day (which you should be doing) it will tell you How much you are under for the week.
  • donahm01
    donahm01 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really do look forward to it. So does the family. But the guilt kills me while I do it.
  • MarkRLFC
    Options
    I do same Sundays, but I dont call it a cheat day, I call it a reward day for all the hard work I done for 6 days
  • Bunnaliqua
    Bunnaliqua Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a day like that and for me I have to do this to maintain my "good" eating.

I can eat healthy for months but if I don't indulge a bit I'll binge. So during the week I track and stay within my calories and have one meal a week where I eat whatever I want. I've been tracking it too just because sometimes I realize the indulgence wasn't that bad and could be a ok 'once and a while' choice in my diet. Other times I come to the conclusion that I could still have whatever I thought was 'bad' on a regular day if I just cut the portion.

We're trying to lose weight but we still should enjoy ourselves right? And it should be livable :)