Help with motivation and clean eating

Options
SO I started out really strong and I exercised twice a day everyday and ate exactly what I should have and drank all the water I needed to... I lost 8 pounds really fast in the first month. The whole second month, I lost nothing (although I was still working my butt off!) and now I'm into the third month and I've frankly lost my motivation. I keep telling myself I'm closer than I was yesterday, but, none the less, I'm still left feeling a little discouraged.
Don't get me wrong, I AM NOT QUITTING (I will never ever quit, I want this too badly)...
However, I do have some questions about ways to prevent late night grazing and if there's anyway I can get myself more motivated? Is the answer as simple as I think it is - self control and asking yourself how bad do you REALLY want this... ?

Does anyone hit this kind of wall? I didn't have much to lose in the first place, so I'm expecting it's going to take about a year and a half, looking at the pace I'm going...

Replies

• ILOVEFWANKWIN
    Options
    Hi there,

I noticed that you do a lot of quick adding calories. One thing that has definitely helped me, is taking the time to add the foods that you are eating. I started weighing my food, and it was amazing to see how much more I was eating than I "thought". Also, I do a lot of late night snacking partially because my husband works nights, so my days are really messed up. I just put calories aside for that. It hasn't hurt my weight loss at all. Just be sure of what you're eating and how much :)
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The more I think about it the more I realize the main problem was that I was so on track at first because I had a program all set out for myself. I just need to do more pre planning!
    I quick add a lot of calories, because I literally have the calories of everything in my kitchen memorized. I have a very low diet content. The only things I eat are - fiber one cereal, fiber one 90 calorie bars, 80 cal/per slice 10 grain bread, olive oil mayo, turkey slices, progresso light soup, 100 calorie packs, and ice cream (limited) and of course fruits and veggies.
    Sure it's boring but those are the foods I'm comfortable with!
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    Drink tons of water! I bought a big sports bottle and I try to drink 3 a day.
    Belly full of water = no room for mindless snacking.

I also tried some greek yogurt (with fruit) the other day for the first time.
    So thick and creamy plus high in protein, I didn't have the urge to snack afterwards.
  • mapfeifer23
    Options
    I'm about 2.5 mos into my change of lifestyle. The first month for me was very good and I lost about 10lbs and come second month I started off strong willed and then I hit this craze of my old eating habits and was snacking all day for probably a week straight, it felt uncontrollable lol. I had to get it together! I hate letting myself slip into the old ways and a lot of that was brought on by night snacking or just a little (not so healthy) snack in the day which triggered them sugars and bad carbs. I've come to notice that if I too plan ahead the meals I am going to have for the following day, I stick to it much better! It also helps me if I consistently log in and track my food and exercise.