Accelerate the process?

Options
Hey guys. I'm feeling a bit disappointed. I have been doing this since November, and I have only lost four pounds. I realize according to the math I am only supposed to lose between half a pound to a pound a week depending on my settings... And I have been working out pretty religiously. Sometimes I go over my calorie goal for the day, but many times I am under. I have a lot of muscle, so I really don't know if my calorie goal is correct, too high, or too low. Right now I have it set to lose between .5 a pound to a pound (custom setting.) I want to accelerate this weight loss a bit, and have started doing HIIT workouts on my elliptical. Aside from intermittent fasting ( I NEED to eat!) is there a way I can accelerate my progress?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, so it's hard to give you much custom advice. But from your profile, you don't have much to lose. Have you been tracking your measurements and BF%? Sometimes those are much more important numbers to track if you're not very overweight. 10# overweight at 33% body fat can look very different from 10# overweight and 20% body fat.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Well...I guess I can open it... Is there a way to attach a pic in the thread? That might help you see my body composition. I'm 31 and had a baby two years ago. I have very muscular legs and butt from activities I grew up doing, and exercise. It's mostly my middle and thighs where the fat stores....
    I know... here's a link to the blog I wrote about it, and it has two pix in it as well as some details about my BMI according to a BMI calculator.

http://alienredqueen.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/bmi-do-your-numbers-add-up/
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Well...I guess I can open it... Is there a way to attach a pic in the thread? That might help you see my body composition. I'm 31 and had a baby two years ago. I have very muscular legs and butt from activities I grew up doing, and exercise. It's mostly my middle and thighs where the fat stores....
    I know... here's a link to the blog I wrote about it, and it has two pix in it as well as some details about my BMI according to a BMI calculator.

http://alienredqueen.wordpress.com/2013/02/21/bmi-do-your-numbers-add-up/

I'd focus less on the weight and more on your body fat%. (and that's BF%, not BMI. Nobody really cares about BMI here. BMI is meaningless for athletes and people who are muscular.) I looked at your pictures. If I read the picture right, it says you have a 31% body fat ratio. Now, _I'M_ not saying you need to change anything. But if you're unhappy with the way your body looks, building muscle in your core and upper body (as well as legs and back) might be what you need. As the fat all over your body goes down, eventually you should be able to tighten up that mid section.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Thanks... SO basically, as the muscle takes over, eventually the fat will kind of melt off since muscles burn more calories on their own? It's funny cuz my core is pretty tight...under that layer of padding! Haha!