Eating Breakfast Combats Obesity...So Eat It

Options
cwolfman13
cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
Just finished up with 2 fried eggs, 2 slices center cut bacon, some 21 grains toast with strawberry fruit spread and 100g of mixed berries...two cups of coffee and a 5.5 Oz V8. This is my typical Saturday breakfast. I eat breakfast every single day of the week...never miss it. Weekdays its Coach's Oats, scrambled eggs, 8 oz of 1% milk and a low sodium 5.5 oz V8.

I used to skip breakfast...never ate it except maybe on the weekends...even then, it was pretty rare. I've been eating breakfast every day now for 5 months...I've lost about 6% BF in the process. So...I claim that eating breakfast combats obesity considering while I wasn't eating breakfast I was borderline obese...now that I've been eating breakfast, I'm not and will be at a healthy BF% very soon.

Correlation = Causation am I right? And don't give that bull**** about being at an overall caloric deficit...that's just f'ing stupid...it's all about the breakfast right!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    Options
    Any thoughts?
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    If I start eating as soon as I get up, and don't stop until I go to bed, will the whole meal count as breakfast?

Seriously though, I'm just here for the bacon.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    If I start eating as soon as I get up, and don't stop until I go to bed, will the whole meal count as breakfast?

Seriously though, I'm just here for the bacon.

That's a fantastic idea...just start eating bacon first thing in the morning and don't stop until you go to bed...shed those pounds. Fantastic, I'm trying this tomorrow...too late to try it today, I've already stopped eating my breakfast today.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I find that if I can hold off on eating until 10 or 11am I have a way better chance of staying within my allotted calories without feeling extra hungry. If I eat when I wake up around 5am, I end up eating 1 or 2 extra meals. Breakfast foods are my favourite.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    So honestly, eating breakfast is the ONLY thing you changed about your diet and all of a sudden you became non-obese?
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    So honestly, eating breakfast is the ONLY thing you changed about your diet and all of a sudden you became non-obese?

It's a joke in response to another thread that claims breakfast causes obesity. Obviously a bad joke...
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i never ate breakfast for about 12 years ! ... just started to get in to it .. still need to force myself some mornings though