Feeling like a downer today

Options
So I normally like to scroll through success stories because i find that it motivates me. Today, not so much. I was scrolling and the more success i saw, the worse about myself i started to feel. Idk if its because its that TOM and i haven't seen any changes on the scale or what but i am finding it hard to motivate myself and go to my Zumba class. Im going, but i feel like "what is the point, zumba a few times a week isn't enough to get you down 87 more pounds you're going to have to do more than that"

*sighs deeply*

Replies

• sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I feel for you and I agree about the exercise- my weight just isnt budging and doing loads of exercise didn't make any difference so I've dropped it for the half term holidays!

I guess that we all get days when we don't feel great; maybe go and do something nice for yourself, like a long, hot bubbly bath or something.....Hormones and just our general fluctuating moods will make some days feel rubbish but this feeling will pass.

Take care xxx
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Maybe not Zumba on it's own, though it will help with your resting heart rate and cardiovascular health in general. BUT i you keep doing Zumba AND eating the way you do, you WILL lose the weight. It just takes time. If the last few days is how you always eat, I think you're going to have lots of success. You're eating very sensibly. GOOD JOB and don't despair. It takes forever it seems, sometimes.
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    Thank you, and yes this is how ive been eating and plan to continue to eat.
  • sassyshears85
    Options
    I have been doing zumba 2 on the wii for 3 weeks and my scale has only budged 4 pounds.....it is very frustrating I know, but you cant give up! Keep on trucking, that is what i am doing.....maybe next week will be a better week for the scale!!!! 6 days a week for an hour of zumba has to do something right?????
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Do so hope you will keep up with your Zumba... I can tell you that nowadays being an OAP and somewhat disabled at that, I would just love to be able to exercise and I used to get quite a buzz from it. Take the bull by the horns and keep going...you're only young once!
  • AliceRabbit13
    AliceRabbit13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Get yo @$$ up and moving!!!! If Zumba isn't enough, stick around and either do another class or do the elliptical. You can doo eet!
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is Zumba the main routine? Try mixing it up. I've found a change every week or so has kept me motivated. Weightlifting, bike, treadmill, maybe you body just asking for a change. But don't give, it will get better.
  • Jewles1285
    Options
    Get yo @$$ up and moving!!!! If Zumba isn't enough, stick around and either do another class or do the elliptical. You can doo eet!

I got up and went and burn 1183 calories in an hour! I feel much better and not as sluggish as i did this AM. Wednesday nights i do stick around for a 2nd class of zumba and was thinking about doing strength training in between classes.

To sbussert, my zumba instructor is so great that she doesnt keep the routines the same at all! Maybe a song or two but every day i go it is different and i am learning new songs!

Its hard for me to get out of the house and find a babysitter for longer than is needed for a class, and the gym i belong to does not have a daycare area for my son to stay while im working out. I guess maybe thats why i was feeling down because my mother will only watch him so much during the week and my fiance's schedule doesn't fit with my zumba schedule!
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I know that what you need to lose seems insurmountable but those little losses add up. Even just a pound a week will have you around goal this time next year. If you don't work on losing weight, then in a year you'll be right where you are now. Good luck, we all have those downer days.