30 Day Shred

Options
Started 30 Day Shred again today! Does anyone want to do it with me? I have links to the videos (and various others) here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rachaelheaney/view/at-home-workouts-links-to-videos-494651

:)

Replies

• MommaChrissi
    MommaChrissi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of starting it in a few days! I am currently doing Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition. I started level 2 of that today and was so exhausted I only made it half way through. I am unsure of 30 day shred as I am in an upstairs area and don't want to bother the people below me.
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    I am thinking of starting it in a few days! I am currently doing Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition. I started level 2 of that today and was so exhausted I only made it half way through. I am unsure of 30 day shred as I am in an upstairs area and don't want to bother the people below me.

I'll add you! :) There are a lot of jumping jacks, but I'm sure if you put a yoga mat/towel down or did it in a carpeted area it'd be fine! It's a very short workout, so if you are bothering anyone, it won't be for long, haha!
  • MommaChrissi
    MommaChrissi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on board! I have a yoga mat in my room as I was gonna do yoga but for some reason never did. I will let the people downstairs know that I will be doing my workout every morning and it may make some noise but should be fine.
  • rachaelheaney
    Options
    I am on board! I have a yoga mat in my room as I was gonna do yoga but for some reason never did. I will let the people downstairs know that I will be doing my workout every morning and it may make some noise but should be fine.

Fab!! It's always great to do something with other people. :D
  • verie_17
    verie_17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you ladies if you don't mind! Joined MyFItnessPal just to get some motivation for the 30 Day Shred while I do it. Am planning on starting within the next 48 hours for sure - as soon as I figure out how to take decent "before" photos, and measurements! This will be my second time actually doing the shred - last time was about a year ago (if you don't count my two failed 3 or 4 day long streaks of good intentions and poor follow through).
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Day 5 of Week 1 tonight!
  • volleygirl1980
    volleygirl1980 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I just started today too - so, I'm in!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am going to order it on Amazon but I don't know how long it will take to get here. I am looking for some serious toning results. I hope this helps.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Love the links. I want to increase my exercise...not sure if this will be too hard for me or not but if it is, it won't be for long :D
  • Starrpower007
    Starrpower007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 1, done! I feel great, looking forward to tomorrow. :smile:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    For those who haven't tried or have just started.. you will LOVE the results from this workout! Feel free to add me, always looking for new 30DS buddies (I'm on my 2nd month of it, in combo with other ones too :P )
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Starting this week! Along with a few other things, would love to have friends doing it too!
  • stormydaze_02
    stormydaze_02 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Have just done day 2 of level 1... not easy!
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 6 of level 1. My tip would be to wake up 30 minutes earlier, do it before breakfast!

1) Tiredness numbs the pain ha
    2) Thinking of my breakfast takes my mind off it
    3) You feel FABULOUS through out the day as its out the way!!

Also, I tend to want to exercise in the evening too (and because 30 day shred is out of the way) I can go for a jog without feeling shattered!

GOOD LUCK!
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Options
    starting tonight!! would love some people to do it with!! x
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

I did this in an upstairs apartment, and it's totally fine. Also, the point of jumping jacks is for them to be controlled and light on your feet. If you do them right, you'll be just fine. I found this one of the quietest workouts I've done. Despite Jillian telling me to stop "phoning it in". That drove me a little nuts. lol
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5! Not a bad workout. You do get a serious burn in your legs, that's for sure! I wished that there was more upper body workout that I can get the same muscle burn as I do with my legs. Over all I really like the program so far! Looking for friends!
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've started this in the past, but only got to day 2. Now how long are you supposed to do day 1. Do you do it for 10 days and then move up? And is it really safe to do this video daily? Wouldn't your body need to rest or recover to see results.
  • liepertsm
    liepertsm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to do this too! I did day one on Thursday but was sick Friday/Saturday and haven't done it since. Hoping to start again today!
  • Starrpower007
    Starrpower007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WK1 DAY2 in the bag, I'm a little tired, but it was worth it.