I need advice!

Options
I need some advice on how to get exercise in. I had surgery at the end of January, and I am unsure of what to do as I cannot put weight on my right leg for some time. Any suggestions?

Replies

• PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Ask your doctor / surgeon what safe exercise you can do.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yep. Doctor question
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    look for chair exercises on the internet .....GOOD LUCK
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Sitting boxing punches with light weights in hands if possible is what comes to mind, but as others have said, check with your doctor before doing anything.
  • sumimein
    Options
    I would also suggest that you chat to your doctor so that he can refer you to a sports rehabilitator or somebody like that. But I think that you may be able to do upper body exercises while sitting, such as shoulder press, tricep extension and bicep curls. You might also be able to workout with a resistance band. But I would highly recommend that you chat to your doctor before you start with any exercises. Good luck!
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I will definitely contact my doctor/surgeon to see what he suggests.
  • FionaDFair
    FionaDFair Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    And good on you for looking into it! My hubby has been down for the count with a herniated disc, so I know it's no fun trying to exercise while in pain. I hope your doc is able to help you figure out some good exercises for your current mobility restrictions. All the best as you heal too!