Heart rate/calorie monitor

Options
Hi there, I'm looking to get a monitor that tracks calories - anyone have one they really like and works well with MyFitnessPal? I've had people recommend FitBit and Polar F4 (though am not sure if that's compatible)...

Thanks! :)

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I have both the fitbit and the Polar ft4.

I wear the polar ft4 to get an accurate count of calorie burn and also to know track my heart rate.

The fitbit is okay but it truly doesn't know your exertion level.

So, I'd go for the ft4 before the fitbit.
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I would stay clear of the FitBit. It looks all snazzy and fun but really it is just an expensive pedometer that tells you how much you sleep at night.

Go on Amazon and read a bunch of reviews on heart rate monitors in the price range you are looking for. That would be the best idea IMO!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    HRM is just for exercise. Fitbit will monitor daily activity. More accurate us the Bodymedia Fit to be worn all day or you could wait for the new Amiigo. Do a search and you will find loads of info on here about all if these.
  • acurwen
    acurwen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Core that I've been using for about 2 months now and I really love it. It tracks all your activity for the whole day. It is compatible with MFP which is nice. I like this over my husband's Polar HRM b/c it tells you how much you burn all day long, not just during a workout, which is what I need.
  • isisbryan
    isisbryan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JodiWeakland
    Options
    Thanks, everyone... I looked into the F4 and think I will give that one a try (I actually told my hubby to get it for my birthday next month)... :)