Tea help!

Options
2»

Replies

• 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Celestial seasonings red zinger got me hooked on herbal teas.

Anything with hibiscus and rose hips usually has a strong but not overpowering flavor.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I started drinking herbal tea just to help me drink more water in the cold winter months. I started out buying a box or two each week. I think I've tried just about everything on the stores' shelves. My favorite one of all is a Licorice Spice tea. The brand easiest for me to find around here is "Stash" though I imagine they can't be the only ones making it. Anyway, it's got a sweet aftertaste that is great. I usually (though often I don't add anything at all) add one packet of sweetener, e.g., Sweet'n'Low or Splenda, etc., and the flavor of the tea does the rest:)

Good luck! :)
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Peach! I can't remember the other one I like... but it's spicy. haha
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    A nutritionist came to our office yesterday and she confirmed that plain black tea is very useful. I would recommend you black tea with or without milk.

curious what her reasons were. If I drink black tea for a few weeks every day, my skin on my face begins to feel like a lizard. So it's not working for me.
  • Sunka1
    Options
    I love a cup of sleepytime with a tad of honey and a splash of hemp milk or thick almond milk. Wow! There are so many good flavors out there but I would only recognize the pattern on the box. If you are looking to avoid sugar and honey, try looking at ingredients list, they often have licorice root and that makes it taste sweet.

I still drink a cup of hot green tea in the morning and I don't feel like it is doing me any harm. Jasmine green tea is delightful. Not sure where you live but lots of times local tea shops will have tastings. That's a fun way to check out flavors.
  • Sunka1
    Options
    You don't need to BUY herbal tea. You can make rosemary tea straight from the bush.
    Just a sprig in water for 3 minutes.
    also peppermint tea can be made straight from peppermint
    these plants are so easy to grow it's ridiculous.
    most herbs can be grown in pots if you live in an apartment.

I don't like peppermint tea because the flavour is too strong.
    I drink black tea (from the Daintree area of Australia)
    and rosemary tea, which is good for easing headaches

Good point. Thyme tea is also amazing and it helps open the airways for better breathing.
  • fl46
    fl46 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Green chai tea, if you like cinnamon!
  • fordfalconz
    Options
    I have 2 cups of green tea (strawberry flavoured) each day Great stuff !
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I can also vouch for Davids Tea. there are so many flavors & they are all yummy!! I love Honey Bee & Santas Secret (unfortunately a seasonal one) and Jumpy Monkey for when I need a little kick.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Twinings Lemon Ginger herbal tea is super flavorful (more ginger than lemon) and I drink it hot and iced almost daily.
    I drink a lot of herbals and this is probably the one that is the most flavorful and palatable on its own without sweetener.

Mint herbal tea blends like sleepytime and mint melange are also pretty flavorful, in my opinion, but I don't drink anything sweet, so I might just be really used to it.

I know celestial seasonings and I think Twinings sell combo packs of 4 or 6 mixed flavors. Sounds like you should consider one of those.

Have fun with it!
  • sarabella1987
    sarabella1987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with herbal teas from Teavana. They are almost zero cals and are so packed full of flavor that you never need to add anything if you steep it for long enough. I also like that genuine herbal tea has no caffeine as I take an EC stack so I can't consume any extra caffeine in my diet.

Here's a link to all the flavors they have....I particularly love the peach tranquility one and the pineapple one, it's like drinking candy!

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/herbal-teas
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    GREEN HANDS DOWN. Seriously hands down the best, no cals and curbs my cravings as well! What more could you want?!

I put various spices in green tea to make it more interesting. I put in ginger, cinnamon, cloves, sage, peppermint---whatever mood I'm in that day. (BTW, sage tea has been demonstrated to retard age-related memory loss in double-blind studies.) And I ALWAYS put in organic lemon juice as that helps the gut to absorb the beneficial polyphenols in the tea. Happy brewing! :smile:
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    Teas with anise root (licorice) have a sweet aftertaste in my opinion and I always recommend them to non-tea drinkers. Some favorites are Yogi Tea Egyptian Licorice and Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat.

On a side note, I was not a tea drinker growing up (my 3 year old drinks about 2-4 cups every day, he prefers it over juice, milk, even chocolate milk lol) and though I tried to get into tea, I just didn't like it until one day when I was pregnant and happened to walk by a freshly brewed cup or organic pregnancy tea and it smelled so effing amazing I literally picked it up and downed the whole cup in a minute. Luckily it was my best friends and she was just happy I had found a tea I liked. The funny thing was that she'd been having the same tea every day for 2 months and I'd even tried it a few times and didn't like it until all of a sudden I loved it. funny how the body decides when and where it will like things
  • MucGay
    MucGay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    jasmine tea and earl grey is my favorite. I drink them straight up without anything so it won't ruin their original taste.
  • Boise_Mel
    Boise_Mel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all SO MUCH for the suggestions! Tomorrow I will start looking for the ones that sounded the most appealing/healthful. You all are the best!!! :)