Atkins VS South Beach

Options
2»

Replies

• tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    Atkins is toxic because it sends your body into ketosis. I can't recommend The Zone diet books enough. Dr. Barry Sears is the author and he discusses the difference between Atkins and other plans. The first book I read was "A week In The Zone". VERY informative. I also read Perfect Zone Meals (or something like that, loaned that book out and haven't gotten it back yet). It's all about controlling insulin levels and very simple to follow. You do cut your breads, rice, cereals, potatoes, etc. down substantially (starches) but keep in mind, veggies and fruits are CARBS! You can go to the zone diet . com website and check it out. I've lost 24 lbs since Jan 11 and I haven't been extremely strict with it.
  • saunders0000
    saunders0000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    iv been on the atkins diet for 3 weeks now and have lost 10lbs.i no longer crave carbs wich is great for me.i think its all down to the idividual and what they like. im quite happy having salad for lunck every day and meat and veg for tea.if your thinking of trying it id say give it a go like i said i no longer crave chocolate,crisps,bread,pasta and other carby food its the best feeling and the fact you dont feel hungry is great too. hope this has helped