Looking for like-minded MFP friends

Options
I'm a 41 year old physical therapist turned stay-at-home-mom for the time being. I do Crossfit at a gym three times per week and have been for several years now. Last year I trained for and completed a half marathon during which I managed to gain weight because I was not watching my diet. I'm done being fat.

I'm looking for friends who are active on MFP. Finding other folks who like to crossfit/lift/run would be great. I've lost 47 pounds from my heaviest and still have at least 55 to go. My bodymedia armband + MFP have been great tools for me over the past few months.

Replies

• Gemini_at_36
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey, eat healthy and move more.:smile:
  • MicroHez
    MicroHez Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We're a friendly bunch around here :drinker:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I turn 42 this year. I do zumba 2x a week and a class called "power" twice a week as well. Power is lifting weights, set to music. Kills me. but I love what it is doing to my body!
  • anhellica2001
    anhellica2001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Exercise is where I lack motivation...
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Exercise is where I lack motivation...

Nutrition is a diet......Nutrition with exercise is a LIFESTYLE!
  • mjpbgtd
    mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - I joined a few months ago. Haven't seen a lot of change on the scale but I can say that I feel much better and my clothes are fitting better. I figure I don't have a deadline, this is a journey which I'll keep working on. As long as the progress is in the right direction, I should get there!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I don't do Xfit, but I do 30 Day Shred, lift, and run. I just completed couch to 5k in the fall and am trying to gradually up my mileage. I joined mfp almost 2 weeks ago and am so glad that I am finally tracking all of my calories and have a better idea of what my diet is like. Send me a friend request, if you like.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great job on the Half! My first will be early summer w/ training starting this week. I did a 10-miler last fall and, like you, found it very difficult to balance my running goals with losing weight, fueling my runs, and being hungry from them. Sounds like we are in similar situations. I've lost over 40# since I started and have about 40# left to lose. Add me if you like! I'm on here every day. :)
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Always adding more crossfit/lifters - I'm doing a year of strength training but I'm still trying to work in some olympic style lifts

feel free to add