150 pounds to lose. Need some motivation!

Options
Hey all! I'm fairly new, just looking to turn my life around and get healthy. I'm 25 years old, 5'5" and just under 300 pounds. I'm looking for some people with similar stories or goals to help motivate each other on our journey. Thanks!

Replies

• 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and was 253 at my heaviest. I just turned 30. It's great that you are focusing on getting healthy now! They say the younger you are, the easier it is! Feel free to add me.

A few things to remember....
    small changes can lead to a big change, it takes time...lots of time to lose weight so be patient, and, you will bad days. Guaranteed. But 1 bad day won't make you gain weight and you just have to remember that the next day is a new chance to be healthy again!
  • starsonlyhope
    Options
    But 1 bad day won't make you gain weight and you just have to remember that the next day is a new chance to be healthy again!

So true! My motto is "One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one good meal won't make you skinny."
  • Cheli216
    Cheli216 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So true! My motto is "One bad meal won't make you fat, just like one good meal won't make you skinny."

Such a great motto, I've never thought of it like that. I'm 24, 5'1", and 230 lbs. I'd love to get on the motivation train with you! I'm looking to loose 110-120 lbs, to get in a healthy BMI range... but I think that may be TOO small, you know?
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My story is not really similar per se. I just want to lose a few pounds that have clung on since childbirth... but I find watching the biggest loser immensely inspiring. I know, it might sound weird, but those ppl work so hard and are starting from very heavy, so you know it's a big change for them, and it inspires me to see them work so hard. makes me want to work harder.
  • kaorinchan
    kaorinchan Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 and I also need to lose 150 AND I've also lost 13 lbs!

I think we might be the same person! we should be friends :)
  • lynnieshoo
    Options
    That is an awesome start and I love the quotes, we are all here to support each other!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to support and motivate anyone ...... I am 5'6 and 230 wanting to be at 125 ........wishing everyone much success in their healthy lifestyle ... WE CAN DO THIS :bigsmile:
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Almost 150 lbs. to lose. I started at 266 down to 243 lbs. Anyone is free to add me as a friend. I log everyday. Just noticed you're in Florida.

<---Daytona Beach over here! :drinker:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    it can happen. promise.
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" - started at 327lbs and I'm now 281lbs. I follow the Eat More 2 Weigh Less philosophies and I lift heavy (NROLFW) - finding the weight is coming off slowly but surely, but I drop inches every week... and the muscle I've built is giving me definition and stopping the saggy skin monster :) Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you want - we have about the same to lose and I know how supportive MFP can be :)
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Congratulations on starting this journey! Just remember that every mistake is only a failure if you give up... otherwise they turn into successes! The journey starts off difficult and in some ways gets easier but in others doesn't. So if you treat this as a journey, don't give yourself a time limit, and cherish every moment of the process, you're going to come out the other end feeling wonderful! And most importantly, have fun!
  • cng31183
    cng31183 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My story is not really similar per se. I just want to lose a few pounds that have clung on since childbirth... but I find watching the biggest loser immensely inspiring. I know, it might sound weird, but those ppl work so hard and are starting from very heavy, so you know it's a big change for them, and it inspires me to see them work so hard. makes me want to work harder.

I always felt I was too big to do any exercise outside of walking until I watched a 400 pound guy on the biggest loser do jumping jacks. Holy smokes, talk about eye opening.
  • starsonlyhope
    Options
    I follow the Eat More 2 Weigh Less philosophies

Oh girl, I hear you. I am always eating! I try to eat something every two hours if I can.