How to make a hard boiled egg interesting

Options
honkytonks85
honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
hi all,

I feel like some hard boiled eggs this afternoon, often I will eat them with a touch of mayo and paprika but I sort of want to cut back on the calories today.

Does anyone have suggestions on making hard boiled eggs more interesting without the additional calories?

Replies

• VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you like things that have a bit of kick to it. Try them with horseradish! Loaded with potassium and next to no calories.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i like putting some cheyenne pepper on them :)
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    tabasco-sauce.jpg

Hot sauce, whatever kind you like.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Chop up pickles and mix it with the yolk and make devilled eggs
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Taking out the yolks and putting a little holy guacamole in the middle.... mmmmmm
  • karlajordan2012
    Options
    Add mustard and black pepper...heavy..
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    1. Don't make hard-boiled eggs. Water boils at 212 degrees- egg whites coagulate at 140-150 degrees F and egg yolks coagulate at about 180 degrees F- hard-boiling them exceeds the temps necessary to coagulate the egg and sacrifices some of the protein quality (you can tell if an egg has been improperly cooked because of a green ring that forms around the yolk as a result of a reaction the yolk's sulfur undergoes when heated to too high of a temperature for too long).

Sorry for that- I had a horrible nutrition professor who drilled that into our brains...

I'm with PP- try any condiments that you like (I like salsa/hot sauce) or try different spices :-)
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Add dill, mix with tuna, try different Mrs Dash seasonings
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    my favorite ...... hard-boiled egg with a dab of hot sauce ..... and surrounded by stewed tomatoes, or sauteed or roasted veggies :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Lol, cut 'em up, toss 'em in with some fresh diced tomatoes and bagoong.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Draw a face on it. Give it a name. An amazing personality. A nice round suit. Take it for a walk with you on the beach. Catch a film, one of those bad, cheesy comedies. Laugh together. Trade stories over dinner. Get to know it's dark side, and it's warm side.

Then stab it with a fork, dip it in GY and curry powder and devour it.
  • lisainsf
    lisainsf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Draw a face on it. Give it a name. An amazing personality. A nice round suit. Take it for a walk with you on the beach. Catch a film, one of those bad, cheesy comedies. Laugh together. Trade stories over dinner. Get to know it's dark side, and it's warm side.

Best post ever !
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Lmao!!!
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Take half a dozen hard boiled eggs and mix them up with half a dozen raw eggs. It won't make the hard boiled ones taste any better, but it will be more interesting when you go to peel one.
  • willowdancer
    Options
    A healthier version of deviled eggs: use plain greek yogurt instead of mayo and put in a bunch of curry powder and turmeric.

At our house in the mornings we make smashed eggs; boiled eggs peeled while their hot and smashed in a bowl with a bit of salt, pepper, herbs, and just a bit of butter. They taste creamy and it uses less butter than if I were to fry them.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I top them with salsa!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

I did this with a can of tuna once. I still miss him.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    make them scrambled instead..problem solved

or

draw a smiley face on it..makes it more interesting, yes?
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How about adding celery, pickle, paprika, a little mayo, tomato on a bed of salad greens on a really nice plate. Add some sugar free lemonade and THINK SPRING!