can anyone please help me about POLAR watch FT60?

Options
Anyone use polar FT 60? Can it track distance and speed? Or I have to buy its additional accessories? :'

all the feature i want is in Polar FT60, but the last is i want to buy some heart rate monitor's with an additional features like "track running distance and speed"
can it track distance and speed while im running? :D

Replies

• MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just searched this kind of thread because I was just looking at it to buy it and wanted to see other reviews. But to answer your question yes. But u have to purchase the S1 foot pod separately.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    How much is your budget? I switched from Polar to Garmin when I started running & biking. The Garmin does everything in on package but they are not cheap. Polar has a HRM with GPS which is good too. Need to add up the cost of the FT60 plus foot pod and compare to Garmin or Polar RC3/RCX3. Good source of info here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews

-Tim
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and yes you will have to buy the food pod and gps if you want to track speed distance etc
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    How much is your budget? I switched from Polar to Garmin when I started running & biking. The Garmin does everything in on package but they are not cheap. Polar has a HRM with GPS which is good too. Need to add up the cost of the FT60 plus foot pod and compare to Garmin or Polar RC3/RCX3. Good source of info here: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews

-Tim

I am a big Garmin fan and would also recommend that if you are looking at pace/speed tracking.
    The lower level ones aren't too expensive. The 305 is usually around $130.
    Just a note though - while all models give you a calorie estimate, only a few base them on heart rate. If you check the specs it will usually say.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Mine doesn't so if that's important to you, then get the next level up. I got mine because I wanted the burn rate when I do exercise classes/gym. So if you are a distance runner, the ft60 alone isn't for you.
  • lyie
    lyie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think the FT60 don't track the distance. I have the polar RS300X. The food pod is included in the price, and it's really accurate (it says exactly the same distance as google maps or so does).