vitamins to fight muscle soreness?

Options
Having been sedentary for the last few years, begining exercising again has brought some pretty intense muscle soreness (especially with that damn jillian michaels dvd!). I have tried taking multivitamins in the past, but usually end up with an upset stomach. But if i can help manage muscle soreness with vitamins, i would definitely try to give them another shot! Can anyone reccomend (preferably a multivitamin) that can help me out?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Muscle soreness goes away with doing more to exercise the muscles. The soreness is from tiny tears in the muscle (that's actually a good thing) and will stop as your muscles get strong. Vitamins aren't going to help with that but drinking enough water for the muscles to repair and stretching will.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    take a multiV to cover all of your nutritional needs since you want your body performing at its highest level, but i don't think it will do much as far as soreness goes

are you stretching? warm up (move around for about 5-10 mins), then stretch and then workout. Post workout, stretch again. I often stretch between jogging intervals too. I have to focus the most on my calves.