• ndnyl
    ndnyl Posts: 96
    Options
    carbs in fruit is fine then right
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Carbs in fruit are good. Carbs from grains are also good for you. You don't have to go low carb to lose weight.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options

Carbs in fruit are good. Carbs from grains are also good for you. You don't have to go low carb to lose weight.

^
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options

1) Set your calorie goal at about 500 calorie deficit

2) Aim for 1g of protein and 0.5g of fat per LEAN pound of body weight. The rest is your carbs.

3) Make a conscious effort to eat healthy, whole foods and meet these goals.

That's all there is to it. Unless you're an athlete trying to get down to 4% body fat, there's no need to complicate things further.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    carbs are delicious and evil
  • chrismpalmer
    Options
    Keto diets are difficult. You would deal with what they call the Keto flu as your body adjusts, and it's apparently equally as difficult to adjust back.

If your body is used to taking in carbs, there is no urgent necessity to stop. As has been said here, just aim for a caloric deficit, make healthy choices, and the weight will come off.

Anything is fine in moderation. We just have a tendency to forget that. If you love breads, sugars and other carbs, have them. You'll increase your chances of success. Just take in less of them.
  • ndnyl
    Options

1) Set your calorie goal at about 500 calorie deficit

2) Aim for 1g of protein and 0.5g of fat per LEAN pound of body weight. The rest is your carbs.

3) Make a conscious effort to eat healthy, whole foods and meet these goals.

That's all there is to it. Unless you're an athlete trying to get down to 4% body fat, there's no need to complicate things further.

thanks for that i will try that.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If its keto that your looking (vs. low carb) to do you will end up with some carbs fyi. I have NEVER heard of anyone getting 0 carbs, for keto its usually <50 grams but many I see on MFP and blog say the get in about 30 grams or so; net carbs not total. (P.S. I think that here are some keto plans that recommend carb loading on off days, but I don't know the differences between the different keto dients) In my experience with logging on MFP just about everything except meat has carbs. In keto you get carbs but from natural sources such as dairy items and vegetables and fruit.

I generally net under 50 grams, and I've had good success, but I'm not doing a hardcore keto since I cant handle 100+ grams of protein and fat each day. I also dont work out every single day nor do I do weight lifting, though I plan on starting that soon.
  • chilling123
    Options
    I stay under 20g carbs per day and feel fantastic. Keto flu lasted 3 days and is somewhat avoidable.

www.reddit.com/r/keto

pretty good resource.
  • AnneU93
    AnneU93 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Here is all the negative side effects of a low carb diet and I can personally say that I have experienced all of them, but I still do low carb diet since it is the only thing that works if I want to lose, everything else I just maintain, but every 4-5 days I will have a big whole grain garlic bread with my salmon and maybe an ice cream or something similar :)

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/low-carb-diet-side-effects.html
  • ndnyl
    Options
    So can have solid carbs once a week is that what you saying
  • LilMissDB
    Options
    YES, you need carbohydrates. Carbs are where we get our energy from. l had Gastric bypass last July and I too tried to go no carb. My surgeon had a huge fit and said I would not have the energy to function if I did not have at least SOME carbs in my daily diet.

I saddens me that the surgeon was so ignorant.

How do you think people on keto diets, caveman, paleo, atkins induction and all manner of low carb or zero carb live happy, healthy, brainy lives then?

GLUCONEOGENESIS

KETONES

KETOGENIC DIET

Tell your ignorant surgeon to google those words and educate himself.

I'm sure the surgeon knows a lot more about gluconeogenesis than most people do! He probably just doesn't think it's an efficient way of fuelling your body ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!