Feeling sick to my stomach a lot....

Options
So the subject says a lot of what I am going though. Since I started dieting, I feel sick to my stomach a lot of the time. It is a mix between nauseous and like I could throw up. This is the worse at night and sometimes it makes it so I can't get to sleep. I hate it because it makes me want to get up and snack to see if that makes me feel better, which I normally don't do. I am about 268 or so and have lost about 18 lbs since I started using this site for real this time on 1/20/13. Does anyone else feel like this and what do you do to help it?

Replies

• FlemishFairy
    FlemishFairy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I tend to feel nauseous and sick when my bloodsugar is low. I had it at the beginning of my diet and still have it sometimes, mostly after cheat meals.

Maybe take your glucose levels? see where they are at?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say low blood sugar as well. See a doctor.
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters. Also perhaps your daily calories are too low or your netting too low in your calories? I know that I feel really sick when I dont eat. Dont deny yourself for the sake of losing weight since that can harm you in the long run.

Hopefully you'll work this out. Good luck.
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    Are you pregnant? (not being a ****, seriously inquiring)
  • HungryKoala
    Options
    If you're getting a pregnancy test and YOU are pregnant, do I get a prize? Do I get to know?
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I threw up when my blood sugar dropped too much. Might be worth looking back through your diary to see if there any trends. Maybe eat little and often. Hope u are ok
  • meaningful99
    Options
    Things that make me feel barfy: not drinking enough water, not eating enough non-sugar carbs, not eating enough food in general. Good luck and feel better!
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I first started dieting, I had diarrhea. I felt nauseous all the time, and especially at night my intestines burned and my stomach gurgled. I had a lot of gas, at one point my entire stomach bloated with gas that made me feel like I was going to vomit, and I felt so sick.

I dont know if this is anything you're experiencing, but I believe it was my body detoxing from a life of junkfood to healthier foods.

After a week and a half, it let up and I feel fine!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If you're getting a pregnancy test and YOU are pregnant, do I get a prize? Do I get to know?

I think I love you! :laugh:

I've always experienced morning queasiness, but found it got worse when I was cutting calories. I recently switched to decaf coffee out of desperation. It worked. I'm not sure why or even if this would be feasible for you, but I wanted to share it.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a crazy weight loss in just 1 month.

Are you taking any vitamins or medication? These can make you sick when you don't have enough food in your stomach.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I agree that the foods you're eating could be contributing to your upset stomach, particularly if you've made a drastic switch from processed foods to healthier, raw foods. When I first started eating asparagus on the regular, I thought I was allergic because it upset my stomach so much. But after I became a vegetarian, I realized that my body just hadn't been used to eating that much fiber. Now that my body has adjusted, I don't have that issue anymore. That being said, if my blood sugar is low and I go a long time without eating, I do get very nauseated, so that could definitely be a possibility as well.