Is Dork the New Sexy?

Options
2»

Replies

• sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I hope so! I get called a dork almost on a daily basis.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    @synchkat is a sexy dork

Wow. Dork
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    What actually is a dork? is it the same as a geek? It's one of those American words I just assume I know the meaning of... :sweat_smile:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is nerdy/dorky/geeky but oh so sexy and I love every minute of it.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    All of my Sexy Guy friends on MFP are complete Dorks! ;)
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Nerds and dorks have always been sexy...we just werent allowed to say it out allowed since the cool kids ran the show.
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I think ultimately people just like something different from the norm. Or someone who breaks stereotypes or whatever. The whole dork thing kind of lost a bit of its appeal after stores like Urban Outfitters started catering to that kind of "look." They started selling $60.00 shirts that you can find at thrift stores for like $5.00.

Whether you're a dork, nerd, geek, jock, goth (are there any goth people over 25 btw? Never seen 'em.), it really doesn't matter. The element of surprise or the unexpected goes far when it comes to how you truly are beyond or deeper than what your exterior presents, because first impressions from others do tend to immediately categorize you as this or that based on your outside appearance. It's just the way it is.

Two or three years ago, I worked with a bouncer who looked like Jake "The Snake" Roberts and later found out that he had been in the aerospace industry for like 20+ years. Didn't find this out until he quit and moved to Texas to teach physics at A&M or Texas Tech (forgot which school). Not sure if he's still doing the teaching thing, but man that guy would have been a wealth of info at that time.
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options
    OMG 3 paragraphs as one post!!??? Total Dork. Sorry I'm sure you're a cool dork, just a bit too lengthy.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Oh, man.. I love me some dork. I'm a geeky chic so...
  • ThatFatAsianNerd
    ThatFatAsianNerd Posts: 1,415 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    JSurita3 wrote: »
    OMG 3 paragraphs as one post!!??? Total Dork. Sorry I'm sure you're a cool dork, just a bit too lengthy.

Hey it's cool. It's nothing compared to the posters of a different board I used to post in (got banned after 6 years). But yeah, I'll keep your posting rules and regulations in mind from here on out.
  • Mrj183
    Mrj183 Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

kek

• JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,177 Member
    Options

Hey it's cool. It's nothing compared to the posters of a different board I used to post in (got banned after 6 years). But yeah, I'll keep your posting rules and regulations in mind from here on out.

It's all good. I'm sure someone will read it all. No rules and regulations from me. :)
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I have been called nerd about 5 times this week including my wife but not to the dork stage.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    That is a dorky profile pic. ;)
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    That is a dorky profile pic. ;)

And I now have reached dork status
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    edited December 2015