Increased Hunger

Options
I don't know if anyone has had this experience but up until a couple of weeks ago, I was fine with what I was eating, but now it seems like my hunger has increased. I'm eating right around what MFP says I should, but I quite literally finished a bag of popcorn like 30 minutes ago (which has a lot of fiber) and I feel hungry again. And it's not boredom or anything - my stomach is actually rumbling.

Now, in the past 3 weeks or so I HAVE started strength training and someone told me when you do, it raises your metabolism. So, I'm not sure if this is what's going on or not.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips on still eating healthy but keeping the hunger at bay?

Replies

• akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    What is your protein and fat consumption like? I am a carb a holic but I find when I do eat a ton of protein (75 to 100 plus grams) I am a lot more satisfied. Especially if your lifting. I'd look at healthy fat consumption too. It's hard just doing it ugh.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    If you are increasing exercise than your hunger will also increase as your body will require more nutrients, proteins, etc. You probably need to increase your calories to accommodate that. Your diary is closed but if you open it you might be able to get a bit more help.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has had this experience but up until a couple of weeks ago, I was fine with what I was eating, but now it seems like my hunger has increased. I'm eating right around what MFP says I should, but I quite literally finished a bag of popcorn like 30 minutes ago (which has a lot of fiber) and I feel hungry again. And it's not boredom or anything - my stomach is actually rumbling.

Now, in the past 3 weeks or so I HAVE started strength training and someone told me when you do, it raises your metabolism. So, I'm not sure if this is what's going on or not.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips on still eating healthy but keeping the hunger at bay?

You are hungrier because you are now using up more calories than you are taking in which is great for weightloss.

Make sure you take in lots of protein, it keeps you feeling fuller.