Need motivation..

Options
I wet on a cruise March 7th and I feel like I have gone downhill since then. Luckily, I have an amazing trainer who is inspirational to talk to and motivates me. I am starting to finally eat right again (thank goodness), but I still need motivation to workout. I was supposed to workout with her Tuesday and I forgot about a faculty meeting. Then yesterday I got sick. I am still sick today. So we are rescheduling for next week. But I am really just upset with myself. I know I am not alone.... right? Hopefully not.

I guess I am writing, bc I really feel alone. I feel like am struggling and fighting a battle against myself.

Replies

• XPianoPrincessX
    Options
    Hey.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm sooo good at coming up with excuses to miss my gym classes. I go in the morning before work so sometimes really struggle to get up mainly cos I can't be bothered. I have to try and remember how wonderful I feel afterwards. I'm finally getting back on track (holiday motivation is helping with that) This week I havent't been for one reason or another and I don't feel good for it at all. Will get back into next week, start again! You're lucky to have a personal trainer to help you along with it all. I feel amazing just having a gym teacher shouting at the class to move it :-)

My main motivation is trying to remember how good it feels afterwards and how it does help with cheering me up for the day, good old endorphins.

Just say to yourself you will do start afresh again next week. Don't beat yourself up about it just now. If anything, force yourself out for a walk in the evenings just to keep the exercise going.

I hope you're feeling better for the weekend :-)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is to burn calories so I can eat and not starve!! My base calorie allowance is (in my opinion) very small--1240, and if I don't want to be hungry, then I must exercise. I look at it as a postive choice, rather than something that I HAVE to do. For me, that has made a huge difference. I feel in control, instead of feeling like my "diet program" is controlling me and my schedule. I have a busy active family, a job, and an aging grandmother to help care for, so looking at exercise as a "committment" didn't work for me. It just felt like one more thing on my never-ending to-do list, and just made me feel overwhelmed and angry. Now each day I can choose to either eat less, or exercise. And most days I choose exercise, since I don't like to be hungry!

Anyway, I hope this helps, it has for me--almost 19 pounds gone!

Good luck! :smile:
  • SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    I am right there with you! My busy schedule gets us to eat out alot and if I dont want to STARVE myself then I need to earn some more calories and thats how I do it,
    My main motivation is to burn calories so I can eat and not starve!! My base calorie allowance is (in my opinion) very small--1240, and if I don't want to be hungry, then I must exercise. I look at it as a postive choice, rather than something that I HAVE to do. For me, that has made a huge difference. I feel in control, instead of feeling like my "diet program" is controlling me and my schedule. I have a busy active family, a job, and an aging grandmother to help care for, so looking at exercise as a "committment" didn't work for me. It just felt like one more thing on my never-ending to-do list, and just made me feel overwhelmed and angry. Now each day I can choose to either eat less, or exercise. And most days I choose exercise, since I don't like to be hungry!

Anyway, I hope this helps, it has for me--almost 19 pounds gone!

Good luck! :smile:
  • Rachel80
    Rachel80 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you all for the motivating posts! I met with my trainer yesterday and that really seemed to help a lot as well!

I feel like I can do this!!