Measurements

Options
Every time I start losing weight, I FORGET to take measurements at the start. I'm 6kg down now and think I should start now.

Other women who take measurements, can you tell me what areas you measure? I know fat loss can come from so many places, and I'd like to have a really overall measure. What I've got so far is;
Waist
Stomach
Hips
Under-bust
Bust
Thigh (I measure by where my middle finger tip hits with arms straight down, best way to always get it the same I've found)

Any other ideas?

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Forearm, bicep, waist (at smallest part and navel) and calf are good ones. Im stealing the fingertip on the thigh one, smart way to get the same place everytime!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Every time I start losing weight, I FORGET to take measurements at the start. I'm 6kg down now and think I should start now.

Other women who take measurements, can you tell me what areas you measure? I know fat loss can come from so many places, and I'd like to have a really overall measure. What I've got so far is;
    Waist
    Stomach
    Hips
    Under-bust
    Bust
    Thigh (I measure by where my middle finger tip hits with arms straight down, best way to always get it the same I've found)

Any other ideas?

I measure at the fullest area in the following places:

Bust, Waist, Belly (about 2" below belly button), Hips, Left Thigh, Right Thigh, Left Calf and Right Calf.

Definitely start measure now, it can be encouraging if you find one week, you haven't lost much on the scales, but the measurements are going smaller.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    thanks for asking this question. When I reach my 68 kilo goal, I am going to maintain for a bit and work on building muscle. I will really have to gage on hips and stomach, as they are my big problem areas. And I know I can't spot reduce, but as I gain a bit more muscle I will hopefully keep losing a little fat, even if slowly lol.